Can you convince me otherwise? I challenge U

weenur said:
I was kind of blown away at the stark difference in the vocalist's tone. He's much darker on ToS.
I know what you mean, I think that in Rebirth he is trying to sound more like Andre Matos, but in ToS he uses his regular voice

I don`t know if you like black metal or not, but here are some albums you might like:

1: Ulver- Bergtatt
the best album ever,,(you might like it better if you speak norvegian)

2: Emperor- In the Nightside Eclipse
Almost as good as Ulver..

3: Ulver- Kveldssanger...not really black metal if you consider the music, but the feeling, atmosphere and the "image" you get from the music is... really melancholy and beautiful..all songs are acoustic and played only with guitars and a cello, and 90% of the songs are instrumental. if you like beautiful music, you WILL like this...

this is real black metal, but still its beautiful :headbang:

Hey, I want to thank all of you who have contributed to this thread, I appreciate it very much. I haven't been able to check out all of the bands yet, however I know a lot of bands that have already been mentioned and I know that a lot of them are excellent. Here are the bands I heard were good and know are good from the reccomendations:

Rage, Kreator, Grave Digger, Edge of Sanity, Helloween, Anthrax, Death, Dream Theater, Into Eternity, Nevermore, Pantera, Kamelot, Jag Panzer, Stratovarius, Angra, Tool, Judas Priest, Rush, At Vance, Sinergy, Antithesis.

So I have this list of bands that I need to look at and get some c-d's from. knowing that these bands here interest me, I would like to get more recommendations based on this list and the material I mentioned before from here. Thanx again. :headbang:

Hm, Rainbow Rising definently is very catchy. Tarot Woman's opening sounds very like "Fly Like an Eagle". I like that song. A few of the songs sound very classic rock like "Do you close your eyes". I also noticed it's a very very short album too. Stargazer is an amazing song!

-Kronikle