Can you sing?! Collaboration thread.. Lyricist/Vocalist wanted for a metal track

kramer1309

Apr 30, 2008
India
Hey guys, I'm looking to work with someone for vocals on a song:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2843326/Mixdown 15-05-10.mp3

I want to work with someone who can do some growls as well as some cleans I think they'd fit they both might fit the song but all this is just some ideas popping around.

Lyrically I was thinking of "Disillusionment" as a theme..

Structurally, its 2 verses, 3 choruses with pre- and post-chorus riffs and one bridge, there's a spot for a solo which Marcus has agreed to solo over (2:36 to 2:59).

Who's in?

I havent had a chance to listen yet. If I dig the song I'd be glad to give it a shot for ya!

interesting take on it.. and true, i cant understand the lyrics much :p
sounds like the first part has vocals on two different octaves nd one has been pushed down some pitchwise.. combines to an interesting sound..
the second part (high pitched huge 80's metal type vocals) is a style i'm personally not too fond of...

interesting take on it.. and true, i cant understand the lyrics much :p
sounds like the first part has vocals on two different octaves nd one has been pushed down some pitchwise.. combines to an interesting sound..
the second part (high pitched huge 80's metal type vocals) is a style i'm personally not too fond of...

Mate I'm so 80's it hurts to be alive this long :) theres no pitch shifting i dont know how to use it, theres a higher "growl" and a lower "growl".

What you may need to do is write the lyrics and give a general feel of how you want it done, otherwise you get nuff nuffs like me taking your music in a completely different direction.

All the best with it - its a great tune

hmm.. alright.. i guess i'll try and do the lyrics myself..
I guess i wanted to collab with someone on those as well since i'm not too confident about my writing skillz...

General feel wise, i think LOG type hardcore-ish vocals/screams might work (maybe?) and kse style cleans (though im not sure where the cleans will fit).

and the high+low growl sounds cool..

Thanks

though im not sure where the cleans will fit

If you have to force something to fit a song it should just be left out imo (edit: not saying cleans wouldn't suit your song. but in general, you know). it will probably end up sounding out of place. talking, whispering or yelling could be a more suitable alternative

Yeah i guess.. i was thinking of them in the pre-choruses but its only something id like to have, not a necessity..