Looking for SWEDISH Sneapsters who can help me out with a fake shipping address ...

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Yea, this may sound a bit weird, but I assure you I am not gonna run "Nigerian prince in exile, please send money with Western Union"-scams.

As a few of you know I work in electro and pop production. One of the things I have encountered lately is that most of the pop-world seems to think that swedish producers are naturally better than others. This has been a trend ever since Max Martin became huge as the producer of Backstreetboys and Britney Spears (among many others) and it's getting really annoying when the songs you submit get chosen and then dropped because some dude from Sweden sends something that totally doesn't fit the requested song profile and isn't even better than your own shit - but he is swedish!! Happens all the time to me and all my producer friends.

Basically what I want to do is an experiment:

I want to set up a swedish .se domain for my production business and fill it with a goodlooking website with the normal info and it'd be good to have contact address in Sweden for that, just to make it look more legit. That's all I need: someone who'd be willing to donate his swedish home address to my little experiment. All you may be getting in the mail would be unsolicited demo CDs from hopeful artists ... :)

Anyone up for that? PM me, please!

This has been a trend ever since Max Martin became huge as the producer of Backstreetboys and Britney Spears (among many others)

Actually it pretty much started with Denniz Pop, who was Max Martins mentor/foreman. People give the credit from BSB to Max Martin because he is still alive, but Denniz was "the man". He did their biggest hits. He died in 1998 and guess what? BSB didn't have a single major hit after that, except "I want it that way", which wasn't even written by Max Martin; He did it with Andreas Carlsson.

edit: How about just getting a PO Box in Sweden?

ahjteam: that'd make sense, but it would mean I'd need to find someone to set it up and occasionally check it for me. And that's a lot more hassle than just checking your own mailbox regularly.

I don't really expect any mail documents to arrive there anyway. It's just for nosy people who look around the site and search for an address. Not that anyone really cares, but I like to take care of these details :)

you know WAY too much about the BSB...

just sayin'

I_raped_your_mama.jpg

ahjteam: Yea, I am aware of that. Still (as you say) Max Martin gets most of the credit for that and gets mentioned a lot more than Deniz PoP.

But lets say it like this; If I would live in Sweden instead of Finland, I would definately help you out. Or just take your clients :heh:

edit: And Denniz Pop and Max Martin actually ripped of Dr. Dre. Listen to the bassline on "Everybody" and compare it to anything by Dr Dre, like Snoop Dogg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I actually take ahjteam much more seriously now! Being well-versed in the music biz is very important if you want to have a long-term career! :)

Good call on the Dre/Snoop-rip. Now we gotta find out where they ripped it from. Almost every hit by Dre is a replay of some old funk-song.

Good call on the Dre/Snoop-rip. Now we gotta find out where they ripped it from. Almost every hit by Dre is a replay of some old funk-song.

Actually that beat is pretty straight 1:1 from Dr.Dres own song "Fuck wit Dre Day":

But its really actually not that hard to find out where Dre got his influences; George Clinton. The backgrounds in G-funk a.k.a. West Coast Gangsta Rap is just hiphop version of P-funk, and Parliament was the biggest thing in there. Just listen to the bassline from 2:15 forward, sound familiar? ;)

edit: And George Clinton was heavily influenced by Larry Graham, who invented bass slapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe fun idea to try a swedish adress, but hey, if that's the way your clients are then that's the way they are man.

It's not easy to live in sweden with a turkish name like I do (my parents happen to be from Turkey), they give people like me less priority when it comes to getting a job, but I don't go change my name to "Johan Svensson" just because of that.. you know... :)

Edit: Fucking typos

BOOGER... left nostril

No no.. that was my first thought as well, but i think it's the shape of his nose.. look in the right nostril, it's there as well.. less visible mind you, but something's in there as well.

Coincidinky? or synchronized booger growth for teh winz?

This thread delivers btw..