Can't sleep until I ID this song...

ecksemmess

Apr 13, 2009
In the Ghost Reveries documentary, a song plays at 17:25 while lyrics from Harlequin Forest appear on the screen, it goes on for about 30 seconds. I need to hear this song in its entirety, it's driving me absolutely nuts and ruining my life lol. Does anyone have any info at all?

Have you listened to ghost reveries?
coz if its not on there than its probably a B side that they threw into the dvd.

It's not on ghost reveries, and they only play 30 seconds of it on the DVD... and it doesn't appear on any official opeth recordings that have ever been released, as far as I can tell.

Really need to hear the whole thing or find more info on it:cry:

Im sorry but unless opeth release a B-sides album the little bit on the documentary is all your going to get.

Well I don't even know whether it's Opeth, or a well known track by another band that Opeth decided to include in the documentary, also, I know there are a number of Opeth bootlegs floating around including some live performances where outtake tracks are included. Thus my hope that some people here will give the track a listen and see if they recognize it. :)

well if its another band we wouldnt know unless familiar with that band. opeth sometimes write their own music just for documentarys like mike and per did for the roundhouse tapes dvd so even if thats the case good luck on getting your hands on a full version

If the music wasn't by Opeth, I imagine they would've had to credit the band in the documentary.

Check the credits for any listing of non-Opeth music, and just listen to each song until you get the one.

well if its another band we wouldnt know unless familiar with that band. opeth sometimes write their own music just for documentarys like mike and per did for the roundhouse tapes dvd so even if thats the case good luck on getting your hands on a full version
Silhouette 01, are you referring to the brief music snippets on the two menus, or is there more original music on that dvd that I'm somehow unaware of?

It does sound like Opeth though. I assume you are talking about that scene when they are about to go on stage and they are shaking hands?

It does sound like Opeth though. I assume you are talking about that scene when they are about to go on stage and they are shaking hands?

The part I'm talking about is right at the very beginning of the section about touring, the music fades in with the Harlequin Forest Lyrics ("Past Meadow Grounds...") and it's a brightly lit daytime scene, then Mikael is standing out in the sun and talking about how touring is a dream come true for him because he's always wanted to be a rock star. During this the music I'm talking about is playing, for 16 bars and a tiny fraction of a 17th, it's just a soft acoustic guitar with a whistling keyboard melody over it. You guys have no idea the lengths I would be willing to go to, to somehow hear the whole thing, haha. Just pure beautiful mellow mid-1970s goodness.

upload it on the intra-net somehow so we all can hear and get our lives ruined :)

Yeah I'm sure it's recent, I just meant stylistically. Echoes of a lot of the mellow prog ballads of that era... or early Mike Oldfield.