Can't we all just...get along?

I feel its time i posted on here....for several reasons. First of all...my language which is "rare and retarded" (yes but youre not flaming the R2R fans...just having an opinion?)
rolleyes.gif
...I was getting bashed before i did any bashing of anyone on here. I was telling people to try and get over in flames' new direction or move on...because i highly didnt beleive they would go back to their old style much, and so complaining endlessly about it seemed like a dead issue to me...and then people were calling me a fanboy, blah blah blah, and all that other assuming/judgemental nonsense i hear from you kids on a daily basis....even though none of you have met me, or know anything about me...anyway, im rambling...

and you U[Sic]M...your post about listening to R2R one time making you a bonafide expert on the quality of the album...over those (like myself), who listen to it at a few times a week...is total horseshit...and makes you look like an arrogant prick. i pity you :Smug:

as for stefan and needled 24/7....lets call it a truce...all in all i have nothing more to say about R2R that i havent already said anyway. sorry about the name calling...no hard feelings i hope. :Spin:

SunlapseVertigo said:
So then you must really enjoy bashing RTR.... because those are the only opinions I ever see you express.... am I right?

Then you must have missed lots, i express positive opinions about the music i enjoy (see 5 fav in flames songs, live setlist thread and several more)

Well you are right, I agree that you shouldn't lie to yourself and say its good.... but what I am asking is if you actually have a good time posting your opinions on it (which are quite extreme, in my opinions) in front of everyone on this thread?

Listen, I'm all for getting along with everyone, but this is my point:

When you post your negative opinions about RTR, especially when you have fun doing it, then you should expect some definate negative feedback from people that highly disagree, especially considering how extreme your opinions on the album are. For example, you say In Flames are "a band who throws away their sound and identity to get Korn fans in the US to like them".... as much as you are entitled to that opinion of yours, I HIGHLY DISAGREE with that. Basically, If I got angry at that post and disagreed, well.... there you have it! I'm expressing my own opinion there! I think that you should expect to piss some people off who want to defend the band from an accusation like that.

Reactions: Tebus
I dont think its a very extreme opinion, at least ive heard worse.
And if people want to defend the band against my "bashingattacks" they are free do that, but they will probably just wind up more angry.

Well if by more extreme you mean something like "worst cd ever" (the dumbest insult to a cd, yeah go on, tell me you would rather listen to a backstreet boys cd and expect me to take you seriously) or non stop bitching about how gay In Flames are without saying much else.... then I really don't even bother with those kinds of opinions, i don't regard them at all. Your opinion is definately more serious.

I'm just saying that you should stop complaining that there are too many people whining when really they are just disagreeing with you..... notice how if someone just says that they "think RTR isn't very good" or if they just make a quick point about, nobody gets angry.... so I would definately call your opinions extreme in this case.... and the more extreme the opinion, the more people are going to totally disagree with you. You shouldn't call it whining.

It's interesting that you like a couple Godsmack and Disturbed songs. I mean I listen to them too, and I don't see anything wrong with listening to them. But just realize that there are commercial bands of which it is actually possible to like some songs. So althought In Flames sound seems to have become more commercial, it doesn't make it inherently worse. I admit that I don't like the idea of appealing to a certain audience. But I always, when listening to any band, pretend no one has ever heard of them. Then if I dislike or like the music great. Then it's just based on what inspires you. Bands motives can be bothersome and clash with the attempted sincerity of the music. So I just concentrate on the music itself with the all other aspects taken out. And at this point I have no clue what I'm trying to say. I guess I'm just putting some thoughts down as they flow. I'm not really directing this at Stefan, it's just a general comment. Have a good one.

The bad thing with RTR is that i dont even like it as easy-listening.
I basically hate most positive music too, that might be one of the probs i have with it.
But you are pretty much right in what youre saying even though you ramble on a bit in the end ;)