Can't we all just...get along?

LordHypnos said:
and you U[Sic]M...your post about listening to R2R one time making you a bonafide expert on the quality of the album...over those (like myself), who listen to it at a few times a week...is total horseshit...and makes you look like an arrogant prick. i pity you :Smug:

Stop bashing me, you fucking BASHUR!

Its hard to rule out one reason why i dont like RTR though.
I still enjoyed Clayman although it was a 'happy' release based a lot on catchyness.
Its just so many things at the same time with RTR that distracts me.
Awful production, weird guitar and drum sound, some very horrible vocals.
And the enormously uninspired songwriting.
I could have surpassed some of those errors, but they just became to many.
I dont know what point im trying to make, hopefully it makes some sense ;)

@stefan86: Yeah, as I've said before I really like the production. But I haven't really read the lyrics. I've only really read the lyrics for Clayman and Colony, and I definitely like them on those albums. I read a little bit on R2R, but I wasn't really impressed.

How about this:
If you like RTR you can discuss it.
If you dislike RTR then you can state that once, then don't talk about it. You can discuss the rest of In Flames's music.

Steve

Tebus said:
I read a little bit on R2R, but I wasn't really impressed.

The lyrics of RTR are in more "regular" words and less deep i think.
The truly great IF lyrics are from Whoracle imo.
Songs like Gyroscope and Jester Script Transfigured.
Swim, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Suburban Me and Ordinary Story also are great pieces of lyric.

stefan86 said:
The bad thing with RTR is that i dont even like it as easy-listening.
I basically hate most positive music too, that might be one of the probs i have with it.
But you are pretty much right in what youre saying even though you ramble on a bit in the end ;)

Yeah, I go for the depressing music as well. It's more meaningful than that bubblegum pop. :D