Captain America...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I've never read Captain America comics, but obviously know of him. I don't know enough to say how well the movie seems to capture him. But the new trailer makes it look like this is another bad Marvel comic movie. Nothing about it looked like something I needed to see. I probably will at some point, but kind of disappointed as this movie has been hyped a fair bit.

I'm sure it will be great. It's based back sometime in WWI/WWII ( somewhere round there ), which is why some of the 'tech' in the preview looks a bit primitive in contrast with the other marvel movies. Don't worry I'm sure it will rock!

I have been disappointed with the Marvel movies so far, I'm a big Marvel fan. There's so much great source material but instead of focusing on making classic adaptations, they just poop them out as quickly as possible, and it really shows. I'd like a Moon Knight movie, but not if it's as bad as how a lot of these are looking.

I'm sure it will be great. It's based back sometime in WWI/WWII ( somewhere round there ), which is why some of the 'tech' in the preview looks a bit primitive in contrast with the other marvel movies. Don't worry I'm sure it will rock!

I never read Captain American comics, but I know they really screwed up the storyline by being too afraid of including the part about Nazis. I don't think it would've been as big of a problem as the studio thinks it would be.

yeah, funny how comics are looked at as being for kids or uneducated people, meanwhile the comics have never been shy about the origins of Red Skull, Baron Zemo, HYDRA etc, yet it's stuff that the prestige of moviemaking just couldn't afford offending it's poor sensitive audience with. Nothing like getting rid of portions of the story that actually contribute to the story. Right, let's have less of that, and more gratuitous gore, casual sex, and orange/blue films.

I never read Captain American comics, but I know they really screwed up the storyline by being too afraid of including the part about Nazis. I don't think it would've been as big of a problem as the studio thinks it would be.

Well, the new Avengers animated series eliminated any mention of Nazis as well, so it isn't shocking.

Edit: The movie, tho, doesn't seem to shy away from it, since the new trailer does mention Hitler.

This film looks bad on all levels. The biggest fault with comic book films is that they try so hard to make it different from the book but then also try to keep the feel of the book there. It is hard to explain if you are not a comic reader. It is fustrating as hell since the stories are already written. They should have pretty much followed the story from "The Ultimates" series for the movies. Those were written to be like real life stories. Or follow the current Ed Bruebaker run of the Captain America book. You dont need a full movie to do the origin. It can literally be summed up in 5 minutes of newsreel footage in the pre credit sequence and save everyone the dullness of the first hour of this mess. How are they also going to explain Nick Fury in WW2???? Dont see that working. I think it is lame to get rid of the nazi stuff....this is WW2. We all know what happened. it is even taught in schools so no one isnt going to not see it because of that. Look at Raiders of the Lost Ark. The costume is terrible to. Way to bulky. Really disappointed in this one.

Origins stories are only good to tell if they are interesting. Otherwise, I agree... don't focus too much on it. Okay.. super soldier. I've seen many movies with super soldiers. That's not what makes Captain America interesting. And the scenes shown look really bad. The action scenes remind me of 80s action flicks. Maybe we'll even see bullets shooting out of the gun chambers in slow motion, and cars that explode when a single bullet hits them.

I can't believe that in X:Men Origins they are having essentially the same exact scene that was in the first X:Men movie (where they exit the bank or whatever, and the cops are all there and Magneto does his thing).

yeah...at first I thought they were using the old footage.

I agree....the action scenes do not look good. The worst part is that what Captain America should be is what the pre-Abomination was in the Hulk film. Able to run and move quicker than a normal human. They had it totally right until now.

I saw the trailer for this in the theater this weekend when I saw Suckerpunch (which wasn't great, but I don't get all the hate for this movie either...). Looked great!