Superhero Movie Burnout???

I saw it this morning and loved it. I loved the way it tied the three films together, and everyone in the movie did a great job. Plus minimal use of the Batman death metal growl.

I think the first one was excellent too. It's underrated, especially given the hype the other two have received.

tying the three films together would have been fine, but i felt we were beat over the head with it,
it was like yeah, we get it, the three movies are all in the same universe but you don't have to keep repeating it every five min
to me, the first one was not merely excellent and underrated, it was unambiguously the best of the trilogy

did anyone else think that this newest Batman movie sucked?? or was it just me???
what did you guys think of Andrew garfield's spiderman???

DC has announced that they're making a Justice League movie and that they're aiming for a release date being close to the release date of Marvel's sequel to the Avengers

i mention this in this thread because i don't think DC is really thinking this through and planing it out very well, at this point it seems to be that DC is just trying to "keep up" with Marvel instead of putting effort into making really awesome movies

DC has announced that they're making a Justice League movie and that they're aiming for a release date being close to the release date of Marvel's sequel to the Avengers

i mention this in this thread because i don't think DC is really thinking this through and planing it out very well, at this point it seems to be that DC is just trying to "keep up" with Marvel instead of putting effort into making really awesome movies

The Wachowskis are rumored to be directing the Justice League movie, which all but guarantees it's going to be a massive steaming pile of poopie if true. V For Vendetta was well done, but everything they've made since that and of course those Matrix sequels were all colossally horrible.

I can only speak for myself and my GF, in that, we never watch superhero type movies. And of course we aren't knocking anyone who enjoys them, just stating our preference. But then we are kinda geeks in that we like documentaries, non-fiction type flicks etc. We're not even fans of pixar, so there you have it.

The Wachowskis are rumored to be directing the Justice League movie, which all but guarantees it's going to be a massive steaming pile of poopie if true. V For Vendetta was well done, but everything they've made since that and of course those Matrix sequels were all colossally horrible.

why don't they just have the live-action theatrically released justice league movie written/directed/produced by the same people that are making the animated direct-to-dvd justice league movies???
that might be totally awesome, or at the very least, a whole hell of a lot better than the crappy-as-hell movie that they're actually gonna make

So, anyone looking forward to Judge Dredd? I had my doubts, but even tho it won't have the aspects I liked about the books (Judge Anderson being a Psi, Judge Death), it looks like it will at least be in the spirit of the books.

And no taking off the helmet.

And no taking off the helmet.

don't know how to ask with out sounding stupid
so i'm just going to go ahead and sound stupid
why does anyone give a shit about whether or not he takes off the helmet?
why would you not want to see the face of the protagonist? i just don't understand why people would object to the helmet being removed
o_Oo_Oo_O

Because his helmet is a big part of his character. He's not Dredd without it.

As the creator says:

"It sums up the facelessness of justice − justice has no soul. So it isn't necessary for readers to see Dredd's face, and I don't want you to."