Superhero Movie Burnout???

It's a shame that Watchmen came out because they could make a movie about The Question. I doubt non-comic fans would know that The Question came first.

DC did an animated short for The Question on one of their animated movie DVDs. It was pretty solid.

Yeah, I'll be seeing Spider-Man tonight.. we'll see how that goes.

To be honest, I have no interest in this Spider-Man movie. We really didn't need yet another origin story for Spider-Man.

DC has been trying to get Wonder Woman on the big screen since the middle of the linda carter tv show, and i don't understand the problem their having getting it done, if DC got the casting and costuming done right, i think DC could get every straight guy and every lesbian in america cramming into the theater on the opening day just to see "a hot woman in a sexy outfit on the big screen"

Did you hear about the Wonder Woman pilot that David E Kelly wrote that wasn't picked up for series?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2011_TV_pilot)

My understanding is that Adrianne Palicki wasn't too bad, but just about everything else was awful.

That seems to be par for the course with Warner Bros right now, who can't seem to do anything right other than Batman. We'll see if Zack Snyder can pull off Superman, but to be honest I think he's a mixed bag as a director. (I wasn't quite as impressed by Watchmen as others have.)

Looking a bit Greek wouldn't hurt, either.

It didn't stop them from casting Jennifer Garner as Electra.

Personally, I don't care about the ethnic background of the person as long as they find the right person. Speaking of Daredevil, I thought it was a great idea to cast Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin, even tho he wasn't white.

Oh, and for reference...

adrianne-palicki-wonder-woman-costume-image-01.jpg

Which was one of the WORST CASTINGS EVER. Almost as bad as Jessica Alba as Sue Storm.. further proof that casting a random famous hot chick will not guarentee sales.

And yeah, that Wonder Woman pilot.. so bad that they will not let it see the light of day.

the original underworld movie would not have gotten any sequels if it hadn't been for the straight guys and lesbians thinking that kate beckensale was sexy

also all my friends have spent the last month bitching that anne hathaway as catwoman is nowhere near as sexy as michelle pfieffer as catwoman

Oh look, a giant brick of unreadable red text.

Which was one of the WORST CASTINGS EVER. Almost as bad as Jessica Alba as Sue Storm.. further proof that casting a random famous hot chick will not guarentee sales.

I think Alba as Sue Storm is far worse casting than Garner. I was kinda meh about Garner being cast, but Alba didn't fit Sue Storm at all.

Personally I think the perfect person for Sue Storm would have been a younger Amanda Tapping. About 10-15 years ago, she would have been perfect.

And yeah, that Wonder Woman pilot.. so bad that they will not let it see the light of day.

While there are people who sell bootlegs, there will be versions out there.

Monoxide child needs to learn there is a multiquote function. Some people never learn to use this feature for some reason.

That seems to be par for the course with Warner Bros right now, who can't seem to do anything right other than Batman. We'll see if Zack Snyder can pull off Superman, but to be honest I think he's a mixed bag as a director. (I wasn't quite as impressed by Watchmen as others have.

Keep in mind that Chris Nolan helped write the screenplay for the Superman film, so I'm expecting it to be decent at the very least. Zack Snyder is at his best when he's just directing. He's got a great sense of how to make a movie visually impressive without it coming across as a circle jerk CGI-fest.

It's a shame that Watchmen came out because they could make a movie about The Question. I doubt non-comic fans would know that The Question came first.

They have nothing to do with eachother aside from Moore basing a few of his characters off a few of Question's characters. DC wouldn't let Moore tie the universes together so they basically have nothing to do with eachother as far as canonolgy is concerned.

And also Watchmen is one of the best graphic novels of all time, written by one of the most brilliant writers (in lit. period) of all time. Not sure how you can compare the two. :p

They have nothing to do with eachother aside from Moore basing a few of his characters off a few of Question's characters.

That's my point. Moore based many of the characters in Watchmen off of characters from Charleton Comics (Night Owl/Blue Beetle, The Question/Rorschach.

"Moore said he was trying to "come up with this quintessential Steve Ditko character—someone who's got a funny name, whose surname begins with a 'K,' who's got an oddly designed mask". Moore based Rorschach on Ditko's creation Mr. A;[12] Ditko's Charlton character The Question also served as a template for creating Rorschach." ( source )

Not saying Moore isn't a great writer or anything, but yeah, that's why I compare the two.

DC did an animated short for The Question on one of their animated movie DVDs. It was pretty solid.

there's been lots of animated stuff with Question in it, but the people that buy animated superhero stuff isn't the same group as the people that go to the theater to see live-action superhero movies, the "general movie-going public" is gonna have no idea who the fuck the Question is

To be honest, I have no interest in this Spider-Man movie. We really didn't need yet another origin story for Spider-Man.

it's not official yet, but there's prolly going to be a 3rd origin movie when Disney gets the rights to spiderman

Did you hear about the Wonder Woman pilot that David E Kelly wrote that wasn't picked up for series? yes i've heard of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(2011_TV_pilot)

My understanding is that Adrianne Palicki wasn't too bad, but just about everything else was awful.

That seems to be par for the course with Warner Bros right now, who can't seem to do anything right other than Batman. except that DC already has a script for a Batman movie that won't involve Nolan, let's see how that goes We'll see if Zack Snyder can pull off Superman, but to be honest I think he's a mixed bag as a director. (I wasn't quite as impressed by Watchmen as others have.)

i agree that Zack Snyder is a mixed bag as a director, but for me, i thought the Watchmen was awesome and Suckerpunch sucked

for electra they wanted a chick who could do her own stunts, instead of having a stunt person for every scene, and that's what they got, a woman doing both acting and stunts

Personally, I don't care about the ethnic background of the person as long as they find the right person. Speaking of Daredevil, I thought it was a great idea to cast Michael Clarke Duncan as The Kingpin, even tho he wasn't white.

before the daredevil movie i knew kingpin as a villian for spiderman and punisher, didn't even realize kingpin was going to be in the movie till i saw it, when i saw MCD and realized which character i was looking at, my immediate first thought was "oh thank god wilson fisk isn't being played by a profesional wrestler" which came very close to happening BTW

sue storm has always been a Celtic-pale-blue-eyed-blonde, i would have used blue contacts, hair bleach, and casted someone pale enough that the blue-blonde looked real

:lol::lol::lol:

is this color better???

I think Alba as Sue Storm is far worse casting than Garner. I was kinda meh about Garner being cast, but Alba didn't fit Sue Storm at all.

+1

Personally I think the perfect person for Sue Storm would have been a younger Amanda Tapping. About 10-15 years ago, she would have been perfect.

+1

While there are people who sell bootlegs, there will be versions out there.

:lol:

Monoxide child needs to learn there is a multiquote function. Some people never learn to use this feature for some reason.

found the multi-quote button

Keep in mind that Chris Nolan helped write the screenplay for the Superman film, so I'm expecting it to be decent at the very least. Zack Snyder is at his best when he's just directing. He's got a great sense of how to make a movie visually impressive without it coming across as a circle jerk CGI-fest.

Nolan's only working on the Superman film because DC is already working on a Batman film that won't involve Nolan
also, i am leary of Nolan being involved, the whole "Dark Gritty Gothic" thing won't work for a superman movie

They have nothing to do with eachother aside from Moore basing a few of his characters off a few of Question's characters. DC wouldn't let Moore tie the universes together so they basically have nothing to do with eachother as far as canonolgy is concerned.

some of my friends keep getting Rorschach and Question mixed-up actually

And also Watchmen is one of the best graphic novels of all time, written by one of the most brilliant writers (in lit. period) of all time. Not sure how you can compare the two. :p

i'll get flamed for this but i actually thought the movie was better than the book, especially Dr Manhattan's dialogue

That's my point. Moore based many of the characters in Watchmen off of characters from Charleton Comics (Night Owl/Blue Beetle, The Question/Rorschach.
Moore was originally given the charlton characters to work with but then DC changed their minds and put the charlton characters in the main continuity begining with the living assault weapons story-arc
"Moore said he was trying to "come up with this quintessential Steve Ditko character—someone who's got a funny name, whose surname begins with a 'K,' who's got an oddly designed mask". Moore based Rorschach on Ditko's creation Mr. A;[12] Ditko's Charlton character The Question also served as a template for creating Rorschach." ( source )

Not saying Moore isn't a great writer or anything, but yeah, that's why I compare the two.

rorshach's costume was taken from question's costume, but moore was quoted as saying rorschac's personality was "what batman would look like if he were real"

i saw The Dark Knight Rises
anyone else seen it yet???
i didn't like it
i know a lot of people will think i'm crazy, but i honestly think Batman Begins was the best of the Nolan/Bale trilogy

i didn't like it
i know a lot of people will think i'm crazy, but i honestly think Batman Begins was the best of the Nolan/Bale trilogy

I saw it this morning and loved it. I loved the way it tied the three films together, and everyone in the movie did a great job. Plus minimal use of the Batman death metal growl.

I think the first one was excellent too. It's underrated, especially given the hype the other two have received.

i didn't like it

I'm with you to me it was way way to long and boring . No action just a bunch of talking,and when batman did fight he got his ass beat everytime. I think i would rather watch Batman & Robin at least you can riff it because it's so bad. All i can say about the new batman movie is can't wait for Rifftrax to make it good.

I think the first one was excellent too. It's underrated, especially given the hype the other two have received.

Personally, I think Batman Begins had more depth to it. I liked Dark Knight, but Begins felt like a fuller movie to me, whereas Dark Knight was an elongated cat and mouse game that at times, I felt went on forever.

Can't wait to see the new one, but I'm gonna have to wait a week until my gf comes back from a work trip.

I loved it. It was right in line with the Dark Knight theme, and set up a potential for Robin (hopefully in the same vein) and if they really wanted to get carried away, they could resurrect Huntress.

the original underworld movie would not have gotten any sequels if it hadn't been for the straight guys and lesbians thinking that kate beckensale was sexy

also all my friends have spent the last month bitching that anne hathaway as catwoman is nowhere near as sexy as michelle pfieffer as catwoman

I am literally going to reach through the internet and punch you in the face if you don't stop using red text on a green background.

I probably would have seen it, if it weren't for the fact it was 165 minutes. Really, I'm getting sick of these super-sized movies that I can't see during my son's TKD parents night out.

It was okay. A forgettable movie, for me. My beef was mostly with Bane's voice, which made me cringe. At least Bale's Batman growl made me laugh.

The plot twists were kinda meh, but actually, I didn't think Catwoman was too bad. I had no real complaints concerning her character, except that she really wasn't very much of a "Catwoman". They never called her that, either. Just Selina, a catburglar, and I had no beef with that, but that's just not as fun. And Bane's personality didn't make much sense to me, either. I could see what he was going for, but when they revealed his background, his personality, speaking voice and inflection didn't click. I also missed seeing Batman himself. There was a lot of Bruce Wayne in this movie, which is fine, but I missed seeing the Bat.

All in all, not a terrible movie at all. I know some who loved it. I just couldn't really get into it.

See, I thought Bane's voice was great. It made him that much more creepy. And since Batman's costime in these movies is so ridiculous looking, I was happy to see less of that and more of Bruce Wayne.