Superhero Movie Burnout???

This was long before a new Marvel movie was out every other weekend. At first I was rather excited but it does seem that every other one really blows; Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Ghost Rider, Superman, these were just terrible. But not quite sure if I'm tired of them yet. But what is the alternative glittering vampires?

yes i agree Marvel is putting them out too fast
Green Lantern (that i just saw for the first time a week ago) really did suck, the CGI suit looked weird, ryan reynolds was a crappy choice for hal jordan and the movie was written in such a way that i was instictively re-writing the script in my head as i was watching it
Jonah Hex sucked mostly just cuz it was too freaking short, they did tons of narrarating backstory crap that could have actually been shown where the movie could have been longer, with no narraration neccassary, if they'd stretched it out where there was no narraration, then it would have felt like an actual movie instead of an episode of the twilight zone,
Superman sucked because of the way they did the re-boot, it was supposed to be a direct sequel to superman 2 and we're supposed to forget that superman 3 and 4 happened, WTF? why not just do a complete series re-boot like their doing with spiderman this summer, also i absolutely hated cristopher reeves' portrayal of clark kent, so seeing someone else doing an eeirily exact copy of it was creepy, ruining the movie for me, also a Kryptonian having a baby with a human WTF?
Ghost Rider's main problem was just Nick Cage playing Johnny Blaze, it looked weird, i think Nick Cage playing a minor character in Ghost Rider could have been awesome (like maybe Nick playing Johnny Blaze's dad) but i think the character of adult Johnny Blaze should have just been played by the actor that played the teen-aged Johnny Blaze,
i kinda expected there to be an explosion of vampire movies following the release of the first Twilight movie, but so far that hasn't happened yet, and honestly i will really enjoy it if there comes an explosion of vampire movies that look like the Blade Trilogy, instead of "paranormal-romance" books getting made into movies

Jonah Hex sucked mostly just cuz it was too freaking short, they did tons of narrarating backstory crap that could have actually been shown where the movie could have been longer, with no narraration neccassary, if they'd stretched it out where there was no narraration, then it would have felt like an actual movie instead of an episode of the twilight zone,

I still want to see it, even if it isn't very good. I thought Josh Brolin was great casting.

Superman sucked because of the way they did the re-boot, it was supposed to be a direct sequel to superman 2 and we're supposed to forget that superman 3 and 4 happened, WTF? why not just do a complete series re-boot like their doing with spiderman this summer, also i absolutely hated cristopher reeves' portrayal of clark kent, so seeing someone else doing an eeirily exact copy of it was creepy, ruining the movie for me, also a Kryptonian having a baby with a human WTF?

The last thing still gets me as "bad idea". Also, the fact that it seems to be a rehash of Superman 1 without the origin story puts it in the not-so-great category. On the other hand, I thought Brandon Routh did surprisingly well with what he was given (which wasn't much.) I used to love Singer as a director, but this pretty much was the end of my love for him as a director.

i kinda expected there to be an explosion of vampire movies following the release of the first Twilight movie, but so far that hasn't happened yet, and honestly i will really enjoy it if there comes an explosion of vampire movies that look like the Blade Trilogy, instead of "paranormal-romance" books getting made into movies

That still seems to be the trend, with films like "Red Riding Hood" and "Beastly" and "Snow White and the Huntsman". Personally, I think vampires have been overplayed in media in recent years and I'm ready for the trend to go away.

but the new one looks a lot more faithful to the comic.

Not sheriff srs. The entire film is centered around Peter Parker's father, AND it's an origin story. Parker's parents weren't even canon until brief mentions later on in the comics. There tons of other non-canon liberties being taken in the new one. The 2002 film was way more faithful to the comic.

Not sheriff srs. The entire film is centered around Peter Parker's father, AND it's an origin story. Parker's parents weren't even canon until brief mentions later on in the comics. There tons of other non-canon liberties being taken in the new one. The 2002 film was way more faithful to the comic.

something is wrong here....we are agreeing way to much as of late. The new movie looks terrible and taking too many liberties than what is needed to tell the story. Still no reason for a reboot even. You could have just moved on with the story and you didnt even need to explain the new actors.

There is zero reason to bring his parents into this new movie and force a connection with Oscorp and Curt Connors.

I still want to see it, even if it isn't very good. I thought Josh Brolin was great casting.

great casting doesn't necasarily mean great movie

The last thing still gets me as "bad idea". Also, the fact that it seems to be a rehash of Superman 1 without the origin story puts it in the not-so-great category. On the other hand, I thought Brandon Routh did surprisingly well with what he was given (which wasn't much.) I used to love Singer as a director, but this pretty much was the end of my love for him as a director.

brandon routh's ability to perfectly mimic cristopher reeves' portrayal of clark kent was spectacular in terms of acting ability, but seeing and exact copy of reeve's performance creeped me out because i had absolutely hated cris reeves' clark kent, seeng a perfect copy of it didn't make me like it any better, singer's other movies were way better than the weird superman movie

That still seems to be the trend, with films like "Red Riding Hood" and "Beastly" and "Snow White and the Huntsman". Personally, I think vampires have been overplayed in media in recent years and I'm ready for the trend to go away.

i haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned but i will buy them on DVD as soon as i buy a tv and a dvd player

Spider-Man didn't necessarily NEED a reboot, but the new one looks a lot more faithful to the comic. A lot more wisecracking which I think didn't happen in the first series enough, also SP3 was terrible.

the re-boot is happening because of how bad spiderman 3 sucked, and the new movie is going to have fully functional webshooters inside the suitcase that peter "inheirits" from his "scientist" father

the entire film is centered around peter's father so that the audience has an explination as to why spiderman is the specific hero that shows up (as opposed to other marvel universe superheros) when the lizard goes on a rampage, the 2002 film had organicwebshooters, this movie won't

something is wrong here....we are agreeing way to much as of late. The new movie looks terrible and taking too many liberties than what is needed to tell the story. Still no reason for a reboot even. You could have just moved on with the story and you didnt even need to explain the new actors.

i personnally think the new movie looks awesome, but we prolly shouldn't judge the movie by the trailer, the "liberties" that are being taken, are being done so that the people that have never read a single spiderman comic in their lives can still enjoy the movie, and i've been reading spiderman comics since i learned how to read younger than normal, but i think this movie will be enjoyable to those people that have never read a spiderman comic

There is zero reason to bring his parents into this new movie and force a connection with Oscorp and Curt Connors.

the "connection" between peter's parents and oscorp and curt conners is done to explain why spiderman is the specific hero to save the day when the lizard goes on a rampage, instead of the other marvel heroes

Not burnt out at all really looking forward to more.

i'm not really burned out on the number of superhero movies being made, but i was kinda afraid of the quality of them going down,
maybe the studios might start making crappy quality superhero movies just to make superhero movies quickly, just to keep up with each other
i'm afraid that the justice league movie might be crap
and wondering if maybe we are going to see a huge plethora of future superhero movies that will be as bad as spiderman 3 or green lantern

Just bring me a proper Rated R DEADPOOL movie and I'll be happy! Not that utter shit that was in Wolverine Origins! I don't mind Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool but holy shit did they fuck that up!

And I'm not a Deadpool band wagoner. In the early 00's I ran the internets largest Deadpool website long before he became popular. My name also appears in Deadpool issue 50 which was written by Buddy Scalera!

Just bring me a proper Rated R DEADPOOL movie and I'll be happy! Not that utter shit that was in Wolverine Origins! I don't mind Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool but holy shit did they fuck that up!

And I'm not a Deadpool band wagoner. In the early 00's I ran the internets largest Deadpool website long before he became popular. My name also appears in Deadpool issue 50 which was written by Buddy Scalera!

i love deadpool too
i actually thought wade wilson was done pretty good up untill the whole scene where unconscious wade is awakened and refered to as "weapon eleven"

the entire film is centered around peter's father so that the audience has an explination as to why spiderman is the specific hero that shows up (as opposed to other marvel universe superheros) when the lizard goes on a rampage, the 2002 film had organicwebshooters, this movie won't

I just saw this post now but I don't get what you're trying to point out to me. I'm pretty well-aware that the Spiderman universe for this film is seperate from other Spiderman universes much like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are set in different Batman universes. The point I was contesting was the supposition that this Spiderman film is more true to the comic, which it really isn't.

That usually isn't a big deal to me. I don't care about canonical fidelity so long as the narrative, performances, and production sell me on the film. However, this movie looks unnecessary and horrible. Not really interested.

the re-boot is happening because of how bad spiderman 3 sucked, and the new movie is going to have fully functional webshooters inside the suitcase that peter "inheirits" from his "scientist" father

I find it kind of funny that you keep going on about the fictional science behind Spidey's webshooters. You can accept guys with super powers, lizard men, etc but you can't suspend your disbelief at "organic webshooters"?

The re-boot isn't happening because of how bad Spiderman 3 sucked (and imo I'm with you in that it sucked), it's happening because of all the box-office records those 3 movies broke.

It's not superhero burnt out for me. There's plenty of room for superhero movies. If there's any I don't want to see (Green Lantern, Kick Ass) I just don't see them. The Avengers, obviously, is a culmination of superhero (and their respective movie counterparts) legacies, and MEANT to be an amalgamation and evolution of the myth. It's on my short list of MUST-SEE movie events of 2012, THE HOBBIT being the MAIN one... and I'm counting down the days until I can pry myself off this mortal coil long enough to avoid the long lines and M&M wars in the theatre to check it out.

As for the ones you listed, MY personal opinion:

Ghost Rider 2: I'll wait for the DVD on this.
Avengers: No-Brainer! Should be AWESOME.
Spiderman: unnecessary and I'll wait for the DVD
Superman: Never been a Superman (or DC) fan, so no interest.
Batman: TDR: MUST-SEE.

Basically, the day they stop bringing in crowds and making money, is the day that the studios stop making them and they go "underground" again. Remember, the built-in audience for these movies is huge, from the long-term, cross-age cross-medium fan base these characters/stories/comics have, so they will continue to rule the theatre for some time...

Bam! Pow! Smash!

It's not superhero burnt out for me. There's plenty of room for superhero movies. If there's any I don't want to see (Green Lantern, Kick Ass) I just don't see them. kick-ass being compared to green lantern?!?! what the hell???The Avengers, obviously, is a culmination of superhero (and their respective movie counterparts) legacies, and MEANT to be an amalgamation and evolution of the myth. semingly unneccassary sentence It's on my short list of MUST-SEE movie events of 2012, i saw the avengers and it was AWESOMETHE HOBBIT being the MAIN one... REALLY!?!?! i just don't see itand I'm counting down the days until I can pry myself off this mortal coil long enough to avoid the long lines and M&M wars in the theatre to check it out. ???

As for the ones you listed, MY personal opinion:

Ghost Rider 2: I'll wait for the DVD on this.
this movie has danny ketch in it so at ths point i'm just waiting for a ghost rider movie that doesn't have nic cage in it
Avengers: No-Brainer! Should be AWESOME.
it was
Spiderman: unnecessary and I'll wait for the DVD
really just waiting to see if it's better or worse than crappiness of spiderman 3
Superman: Never been a Superman (or DC) fan, so no interest.
superman always sucks except for smallville
Batman: TDR: MUST-SEE.
really, come on now, anne hathaway as catwoman is totally going to suck

Basically, the day they stop bringing in crowds and making money, is the day that the studios stop making them and they go "underground" again.
not neccassarilly
Remember, the built-in audience for these movies is huge, the built-in-audience is huge?!?!? no studio exec would have agreed with this prior to the popularity of the first spiderman movie, dc is only doing superman/batman movies because no one is familiar with dc characters, i swear i seriously know a huge ass amount of people that had no fucking clue who the hell "green lantern" was till the movie came out, it's why dc didn't start production on a justice league movie till just now, no one's going to know the characters except superman and batman from the long-term, cross-age cross-medium fan base these characters/stories/comics have, so they will continue to rule the theatre for some time...

Bam! Pow! Smash!

The last few superhero movies I saw were Captain America and Thor. I thought both of them were pretty good, with CA coming out ahead by a good lead. I want to see Avengers, but probably won't till it's on disc.

I'd much prefer to see something different though, like the Watchmen movie. That movie rocked. There are enough non-Marvel universe books out there to make some great movies from. Let's see a Preacher movie! I'd love to see people get all up in arms over that one.

The last few superhero movies I saw were Captain America and Thor. I thought both of them were pretty good, with CA coming out ahead by a good lead. I want to see Avengers, but probably won't till it's on disc.

I'd much prefer to see something different though, like the Watchmen movie. That movie rocked. There are enough non-Marvel universe books out there to make some great movies from. Let's see a Preacher movie! I'd love to see people get all up in arms over that one.

Wasn't Preacher supposed to be adapted for a series (HBO maybe) at some point?