Car Pooling...

A few others and I will be coming from Ames, Iowa, so let me know if that helps anyone.

I'm not sure I'll be able to attend this year since my wife has a conference scheduled the week of HC3.

However, if I could go, I'm weighing the options as to how better to afford it: Flying? Or driving?

A solo drive from Grand Rapids, Michigan, doesn't sound like a good time to me. Anyone from this area attending?

A flight is about $400, which is likely cheaper than gas.

I really, really hope to go this year. This is a line-up of bands I'm truly excited to see.

I just discovered that a nonstop flight from newark is more than $100 cheaper than one with a stop from Philly. Anyone from the Philly area want to carpool to newark?!

Usually NYC flights are way cheaper then philly. ironically the cheapest last year coming out of NYC had a stop back in philly of all places, so I went all the way to NYC just to fly back all the way to Philly before arriving in Minnesota. Not a waste since my gf and friend are both from NYC.

Easiest thing to do to get to newark from philly is to take the chinatown bus ($20 round trip) to nyc, then grab the train from penn station like 2-3 stops to Newark Airport. No parking to worry about and pretty cheap to boot.

I'm coming from Plymouth, with one other person. we'll have room for 2 more.
We go early and leave when it's OVER, so no wussies. :heh:

I'm also willing to host travelers through the couchsurfer's network. If you're cool, and want to save some money, it's a good thing to get involved with.:cool:

http://www.couchsurfing.com

I'm "LEX" in Plymouth MN under the couch search tab.

Usually NYC flights are way cheaper then philly. ironically the cheapest last year coming out of NYC had a stop back in philly of all places, so I went all the way to NYC just to fly back all the way to Philly before arriving in Minnesota. Not a waste since my gf and friend are both from NYC.

Easiest thing to do to get to newark from philly is to take the chinatown bus ($20 round trip) to nyc, then grab the train from penn station like 2-3 stops to Newark Airport. No parking to worry about and pretty cheap to boot.

Out of curiousity, I checked Expedia for flights from philly and now it seems that its significantly cheaper than from newark (even the flights with stops)! This is nice. $374 Roundtrip with a stop in Milwaukee. Not bad.

Maximus, According to Mr. Vikernes, Euronymous was also a faggot.

""The reason I disrespected him was simply because he was completely
incompetent and incapable of running his label efficiently. He was full of
big words and never did anything as he promised to do. He was obsessed
with this 'Satanist' thing, while I wanted to spread Odinism in the scene (and
he hated me for that as well). He was disgusting, watching dirty movies all
the time, and we even suspected him for being bisexual or homosexual!"

Maximus, According to Mr. Vikernes, Euronymous was also a faggot.

""The reason I disrespected him was simply because he was completely
incompetent and incapable of running his label efficiently. He was full of
big words and never did anything as he promised to do. He was obsessed
with this 'Satanist' thing, while I wanted to spread Odinism in the scene (and
he hated me for that as well). He was disgusting, watching dirty movies all
the time, and we even suspected him for being bisexual or homosexual!"

This coming from the man that killed him.

But anyway, If anyone needs a ride, I got a busted ass mazda and gas money to burn.

Hello to all! my friend and myself are looking for a ride to Heathen Crusade from the Chicagoland area. Our ride has cancelled and so we're looking for alternate routes!!! Anyone out there?

At the outside chance that there is anyone in need of a ride between South Dakota and Minneapolis let me know, I'm leaving on the 13th.

Have you checked out the Megabus?

That's what I'm doing, so yeah, she can "carpool" with me. :) Originally my ticket was $25.50 round-trip, but I made a last-minute change to go up there on Thursday instead of Friday, so that jacked the total up to $39.50 (prices rise as the date gets closer and the buses fill up).

A city bus will then take me from the University stop right to my hotel in downtown St. Paul.

Before changing the reservation, I said "hmm, maybe I should check airfares one last time; with fuel prices going back down and the economy in the shitter, maybe there are some last minute deals". Best result: $797 (and that included a connecting flight on the way back!)

Neil

Have you checked out the Megabus? I've heard it is decent and cheap. The 2 Minnesota stops are in Minneapolis though.

Megabus

Yeah we are looking into taking the Megabus for sure if nothing else appears, which seems may be the case. Not sure about getting from the Megabus Stop to the Hotel though..i guess taxi or something.