CARCASS Producer COLIN RICHARDSON Quits Mixing New Album; ANDY SNEAP Steps In - Mar

Andy working on one of my top 5 influences of all time is a big deal! Thanks dudes. \m/

Just wanna say - ozone do a lot of realy crazy things with capturing stuff, maybe it would be something intresting to making classic (true to type) Carcass sound into modern environment. May be just that, a recognizable sound awaiting Carcass fans from new stuff :p

The problem is a classic metal album like Heartwork sounds way more modern than a lot of today's death metal records ;)

The problem is a classic metal album like Heartwork sounds way more modern than a lot of today's death metal records ;)

That's all down to the talent of the musicians. The playing on Heartwork is incredible. Bill especially, is a criminally under-rated guitarist. Seen him play with Firebird too. Not slating Mike Ammott or anything but Bill is leagues above him.

You guys have to go into this without comparing it to another album, just let it be what it is. I have to believe it's going to be good because it's goddamned CARCASS. Plus i've already heard the beginning of the 1985 song (it's on the latest live video as an intro) and that isnt even a final mix, sounds great!

A huge part of the sound of Heartwork is 2" tape... and the noise floor, compression, and wow and flutter that comes with it.

You guys have to go into this without comparing it to another album, just let it be what it is. I have to believe it's going to be good because it's goddamned CARCASS. Plus i've already heard the beginning of the 1985 song (it's on the latest live video as an intro) and that isnt even a final mix, sounds great!

If you're referring to me, nobody is comparing to anything, I just pointed out that to me Heartwork sounds modern, even though is dated 1993.
It's really the first modern death metal album.
New one will kick ass anyway, I'm a huge Steer fan, his phrasing is unbelievable.

Nah I was just howling that out to the wind :lol: Then again, I'd hate to see this thread devolve into a youtube comment section. Heartwork is better, no Necroticism is better. no Symphonies is better. Times 100. Times infinity. you suck. No you suck. No you suck.

Nah I was just howling that out to the wind :lol: Then again, I'd hate to see this thread devolve into a youtube comment section. Heartwork is better, no Necroticism is better. no Symphonies is better. Times 100. Times infinity. you suck. No you suck. No you suck.

I didn't see any flame over here as you've described, you're reading too much into it.
Comparing this to youtube... come on this is a better place. We're here to express ourselves, have opinions.

Anyway I can't wait for this new record

I didn't describe any flaming here....look at the post again...I said "I'd hate to see this thread devolve..."

sigh...

a buddy of mine plays with Jeff and when i asked about it he said "ohh yeah, it's Carcass" ...that statement alone sounds like its gonna be good.

417804_253081081503219_226624779_n.jpg

Ooooh he's mixing it