Carl Näslund

Silent_Scream

Apr 7, 2005
Relatively little is known about this fellow.

All i know is that :
-In the promo pictures for Lunar Strain, he looks like a fish out of water.
-Played guitar for In Flames in 1993 / 1994.
-Hasn't been in a band since.

I don't know if he was a session member or was actually in the band. Does anybody know what parts of Lunar Strain he recorded or if he even recorded on the 1993 promo? I assume his input was extremely little was Glenn and Jesper were the main guitarists during the time this duo existed.

I don't know. But perhaps the upcoming mystery release of IF is going to be about him. "Whatever became of Carl Näslund?"

Seriously though, he was probably just some young bloke who didn't want to become a professional musician after all.

Can you post a picture of this guy?

6511_artist.jpg

Sick fucking turtleneck, imo.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Maybe this guy is the Alf Svensson (ATG) of In Flames.

Maybe Jesper didn’t even invent this shit. It was Carl. From the shadows and into the shadows. Like a dark wizard. Literally inventing a new genre just like that.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
The funny thing is that nobody in the current IF line up has any overlap with this guy.

But guess who could tell us Carl’s role? Mikael Stanne. Somebody ask Mikael at the next DT gig!

I have a theory.

You know that kickass bluesy solo at the end of Everlost Pt. II?

What if that's Carl, and it's the only thing he did for the album.

HMMMMMM.

No that was me, sorry. Sent it via kvlt usenet board to Jesper back in 1994. Said he would credit me but never did. True story.

Hey Carl, just wanted to let you know that I think that solo really fucking rocks, also don't take this wrong but I think your pants were a little oversized in those promo pics