CD-R writeup thread

i need to find those early Pestilence releases again. Had all of them on LP back in the days .. then I sold my collection. I even saw them live open for Death once. Great band ...

I knew you'd enjoy Penetralia. :cool: I haven't received your stuff yet!

Evil C., I'll take one if your doling them out! :D

I have, not ready to write down my thoughts just yet. I can say that they are very impressive musicians, and that I will never have that kind of discipline to play that cleanly. The drummer sounds like Bill Buford, but more solid (which I didn't think was possible). The melodies are striking, this is music for musicians.

Hmm, looks like I just gave you my thoughts on it. :loco:

Would you believe they weren't there today? This is getting seriously ridiculous. I've got a box full of love at the front office AND NO WAY TO CLAIM IT! :yell: :cry: :yell: :cry:

Some fucker better be there tomorrow so I can listen to a disc or two on the way up to San Fran.

You gonna give me your thoughts on Lifeforms and Uneasy Listening, or are you gonna make me wait like the stupid rental office is? :( :loco:

I haven't listened to enough Lifeforms yet, though it is really spaced out and trippy. Cool but needs a lot of attention to really be appreciated...oh and a lot of bud. ;)

Uneasy Listening was really entertaining in a cheesy kind of way. That is based on just one listen though. Some of it could get really creepy then just get cheesy. :shrug:

FSOL demands a lot of attention, that album in particular got me through college. There was a time I couldn't study without it. And yeah, stonery can only make it better.

You pretty much nailed Uneasy Listening, creepy in a cheesy sort of way. Eerie Von is Danzig's and Samhain's old bassist (and Misfits drummer for 2 days), and Mike Morance is... some dude named Mike Morance. :loco:

Erik, those CDs showed up, thanks man. Listening to Judgement for the first time, it frickin' RULES. I'll write more later when I do a 20 disc analysis all at once... wow, that's not an exageration either, I have way more CD-R's than promos right now!

Amorphis - Elegy
I'm struggling to make it through the 3rd track, to me this sounds identical to Tuonela: dry and boring. The vocalist and drummer are particularly terrible, but the guitars and bass are okay. I'll try again later, but apparently I just don't like this band.

Nothing yet, I'm probably going to sit on my ass all day tomorrow listening to stuff, starting with the Desert Sessions. Actually I might toss in Acid Bath when My Bloody Valentine is done in about 45 minutes... :)

NAD said:
Amorphis - Elegy
I'm struggling to make it through the 3rd track, to me this sounds identical to Tuonela: dry and boring. The vocalist and drummer are particularly terrible, but the guitars and bass are okay. I'll try again later, but apparently I just don't like this band.
Jaykeeley, I believe it is time that we put this fellow out of his misery.:Shedevil: :heh: