Cd's that you have over played and have lost their edge

I try not to "play out" an album. I recognize when I am starting to and try to ease off a bit. I go through so much godamn music everyday though, it is hard to listen to an album repeatedly enough to wear off it's artistic value...considering it has any to begin with. ;)

Scenes From a Memory is #1 on that list. It's such a great album, and I played into the ground, and now I can't enjoy it. :(

I'll put Ayreon's Flight of the Migrator there, too. I had to give The Human Equation a rest for a while, also.

It looks like Threshold's Subsurface will be soon joining the list, because I've been playing this album almost in full every day since I got it.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Absu - Tara for me. You'll notice that my M-A review was for 100%, but I just can't listen to it all in a row anymore without it getting boring because I listened to it nonstop for like the first month I had it.
Same here.

Some others:

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God(got it back in December of last year, played it to death.)
Dissection - Storm of the Light's bane
Burzum - Filosofem
Nocturnus - The Key
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Exodus - Bonded by Blood

All excellent albums, they've just lost their touch.

I listened to "Changes" by Miasma constantly for months, but haven't given it a spin in an eternity. The abuse of the cymbals really started to wear on me, but it's still a very good album. "Blut und Krieg" by Moonblood is another. Nothing in particular bothered me about it, I still think it's a masterpiece, but I don't want to listen to it.

When I was first getting into metal, I played Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning to death. Still good, but they do nothing for me now. Scenes From a Memory for me. I still consider it probably the best album I've heard, but I haven't listened to it in a year or so. Now I try not to burn out stuff. I'm tempted to play Anthems all day, but I limit it to once. I also try not to buy one cd at a time. If I get four or five I can spread out the listening.

Opera IX - The Black Opera
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Metallica - ...And Justice for All
Metallica - Load
Queen - A Kind of Magic

On a different note, I am overplaying The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity, but I am not getting sick of it, even though I listen to it all the time. Is that a sign that it is a truly great CD? Also, for some reason I tend to tire of black metal CDs quicker than death metal CDs.

I still don't get what is so classic about Deathcult. Of course, I probably haven't played it near as much as some of the others.

However, the more I play Procreation of the Inner Temple, the more I'm impressed with The Chasm's early days.