Cellador

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Folks I'm flabbergasted and I mean flabbergasted that this band is gaining recognition in the American Mainstream! Not because I don't think they're any good, because I do. With that said, this is straight forward powermetal in every sense of the word! I love bands such as Hibria and Lost Horizon, so Cellador falls into this same category with me. They play raw, very fast, yet melodic power metal. It's that simple. I've been listening to their debut all weekend and for those of you that aren't familiar with them, you're in for an ass kickin'! I highly recommend checking them out.

~Brian~

Yeah, it's funny how it's all about connections and labels and catching a lucky break. I am all for ANY power metal bands breaking through.

I'm seen them twice. You won't be disappointed when you see them.

I have been looking forward to seeing them since I saw them on Headbanger's Ball the rare time I watched.

I was very pleased when Cellador was announced. I've been looking forward to seeing them for a long time. Great band.

I heard their album, its pretty good. Another super sonic Helloween sounding band that doenst stray too far from Dragonforce. Cellador does bring a more political stance to the table however and not the typical dragons and warlords formula.

If there was one of those smilies that got kicked in its ass repeatedly, I would've posted it and left it at that.

When I first got a Myspace account, I believe it was right around the time they came out and/or at ;least when they got their page though I could be wrong. They were one of the first people I added, and have wanted to see them for a while now. They're pretty cool peeps too. I though they definitely stood out on the Progpower sampler back when too.

I heard their album, its pretty good. Another super sonic Helloween sounding band that doenst stray too far from Dragonforce. Cellador does bring a more political stance to the table however and not the typical dragons and warlords formula.

I just picked this up at a best buy and was thinking the same thing. Kinda sounds like Dragonforce meets Maiden/Edguy.

Although I think I remember seeing people bashing Dragonforce and praising Celladoor :Smug: They are very similar. They're probably getting the praise just because their shirts aren't in Hot Topic yet :lol:

When I first got a Myspace account, I believe it was right around the time they came out and/or at ;least when they got their page though I could be wrong. They were one of the first people I added, and have wanted to see them for a while now. They're pretty cool peeps too. I though they definitely stood out on the Progpower sampler back when too.

Wow...there are so many things wrong with this post...oh...I just have to stop...

[Cough]...Myspace...[Cough]...peeps...[Cough]...poseur...[ahem]...

Sorry!

I just picked this up at a best buy and was thinking the same thing. Kinda sounds like Dragonforce meets Maiden/Edguy.

Although I think I remember seeing people bashing Dragonforce and praising Celladoor :Smug: They are very similar. They're probably getting the praise just because their shirts aren't in Hot Topic yet :lol:

Dragonforce vs. Cellador...that's the teenybopper battle for the ages, ain't it?

Wow...there are so many things wrong with this post...oh...I just have to stop...

[Cough]...Myspace...[Cough]...peeps...[Cough]...poseur...[ahem]...

Sorry!

Guess the millions of metal bands with official Myspaces are posers as well?

Myspace is the greatest thing to ever happen to the whole world.
The whole world.

It has it all.
Metal, women, metal, women, etc... Doesn't get much better than that. :headbang:

Guess the millions of metal bands with official Myspaces are posers as well?

Myspace is the greatest thing to ever happen to the whole world.
The whole world.

It has it all.
Metal, women, metal, women, etc... Doesn't get much better than that. :headbang:

MySpace is a toilet, the whole place is just a nightmarish mess. It has its rare ups (song samples anyone?) but on the whole, the site is just a sty. :puke:

On topic: I have yet to hear a song by Cellador, perhaps I should wade through the knee-deep sewage in which MySpace exists to check for a sample? :lol:

Dragonforce vs. Cellador...that's the teenybopper battle for the ages, ain't it?

Think about it...

Black Sabbath vs Led Zeppelin

Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest

Motley Crue vs Poison

Pearl Jam vs Stone Temple Pilots

Disturbed vs Godsmack

Mushroomhead vs Slipknot

There have been musical competitions throughout rock n roll. You were either a fan of one or the other, and hardly ever both.

Dragonforce vs Cellador is this generation's faction-splitting competition.

Think about it...

Black Sabbath vs Led Zeppelin

Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest

Motley Crue vs Poison

Pearl Jam vs Stone Temple Pilots

Disturbed vs Godsmack

Mushroomhead vs Slipknot

There have been musical competitions throughout rock n roll. You were either a fan of one or the other, and hardly ever both.

Dragonforce vs Cellador is this generation's faction-splitting competition.

Yeah, but it's a little silly, considering that Dragonforce and Cellador are almost identical.

I liked Dragonforce untill very album started sounding exactly like the last one...to the point that the intros almost matched.

And although Celladoor seemed to get their deal as a result of the Df upswing (check the album's producer sometime. =/), I can actually dig their shit at times.

But I'll give final judgement when I catch this year's preshow.