Chances of a "real" Opeth video

I think they should make a video where they're just playing their instruments in a dark room with colored spotlights (strobing is optional) and a smoke machine while they make angry faces at the camera which is really just a handheld videocamera held by one of their mothers.

Kind of like every other video by Scandinavian metal bands.

atrocity said:
I am looking forward to see a Harvest-like video agian. I like that more than a music video.

Me too. Straight, no-nonsesne approach without the "God, we need to think of something really original/cool/shocking to illustrate our music" attitude. I'd rather see some studio/live footage to the music than original ideas that most often don't work. They usually seem so cool at the time but after a few years become absolutly ridiculous.

I think there should be naked men with big cocks, big cars, big guns, expensive cell phones etc

amaranth said:
R0I0 said something about windowpane having airtime on mtv, well once I was watching RoomRaiders, (hey I'm not proud, I was bored!) and the riff to windowpane came on, for approx 15 seconds, I nearly fell off the seat...
but if Opeth made a "real" music video, I guess it would be pretty hard to do, and would get alot of criticism, well I guess it would given the expectations fanboys would have...

I can second this, I saw and heard it for myself.

N3Rv3 said:
*lines up for video audition*

yeah...that's right :cool:

I'd be carefull if I were you, the audition involves putting your big cock in your big gun while in your big car and trying to shoot your $$$ cell phone with it.

trust me, it hurts...

Well they would to neuter the song's length, I can tell you that much... "Eh, just cut out a few of those boring quiet parts and we'll be set."

deliverance said:
i think they'll have a video for a new song. i also think,some parts may be edited, to make it a more reasonable length for airing on tv.
i also think there should be naked women involved.

Opeth isn't really what you'd call MTV friendly (what with 20 minute songs and all), and who'd want them to be? I want Opeth to be my little secret that I can hold and pet and love all by myself.

Caca Volante said:
i rather listen to my music rather than watch it :/

I only to listen to music I like, other music which I hate I often like to watch, like a Christina Aguilera video, but with the sound off.

Agarves said:
Me too. Straight, no-nonsesne approach without the "God, we need to think of something really original/cool/shocking to illustrate our music" attitude. I'd rather see some studio/live footage to the music than original ideas that most often don't work. They usually seem so cool at the time but after a few years become absolutly ridiculous.

I think live footage would be great. Opeth really comes off well in concert, and to keep it simple, as well as ass-kicking ;), would be the way to go.

Videos suck

f they do one I much prefer the basic "band performance" videos or the "in the studio" videos.

A hokey video can tatoo itself in your head forever and ruin a song. The music and the band are the focus. Anything else is just a waste of time and a chance to ruin a fine piece of art.

MTV is not for Opeth. If they play an Opeth vieo YOU CAN BET they will SPLICE THE SHIT out of it and present some 3 minute edited piece of crap completely misrepresesnting the band.

Metallica was the forst band to screw this up royally. Here they are with a perfect rep of "no videos". Then they make one for One and MTV shows a video with all the freaking best parts cut out (intros, extended jams, etc.) and serves it up like a bad McDonalds cheesburger.

Video TV ain't ready for conceptual music like Opeth's. It's like selling the Mona Lisa at Walmart.

Its fucking lame to stand there, looking at a camera and pretend to sing your song, play your unplugged guitar, etc. One of the things I dig about Opeth is they dont cheese out like that.
I would much rather see a show recording or something like what tool does.

The video should be of Opeth working out in the gym. The whole theme could be a push-up contest or something.

Brian said:
The video should be of Opeth working out in the gym. The whole theme could be a push-up contest or something.

good grief, I'm afraid to ask why you want to see opeth working out...please tell me that was uber-sarcasm.

:ill: