Changing

Chamet

Keepin' it bonzer
Dec 29, 2005
England
Well, I've decided I'm gonna stop spending most of my time on the PC...playing PC games or doing shit on the internet that is pointless really.
Starting from tomorrow I'm going to stop using the PC as much and gonna concentrate in my studies. The reason for all this is that I was panicking about all the stuff I have to do for college, because if I fail only 1 subject, I won't pass the course, I came really close to failing one of the projects, but I managed to pass.
Anyway, I've realized that I have all my life to play games and spend time going out and doing thing that I enjoy, I only have to study hard for a few years and get a degree in a subject that I like, after that I can do whatever I want, I can go study something else, something different, I could open a business or something, but if all that fails, I'll still have that degree to work with.
I know most of you dont care about this, and I don't see why you should :p, but the young people on this board need to start thinking about what they're doing (if they aren't already).
So yea, starting tomorrow im gonna work like a freak :p.

Studying hard for a few years isn't little thing. I mean, today I was discussing that with my friends and they said that one girl (I don't know her) had a mental breakdown because of all that stress. She didn't finish college and now she's on medicines. But that's non-related to you. Sorry for saying that

Studying hard for a few years isn't little thing. I mean, today I was discussing that with my friends and they said that one girl (I don't know her) had a mental breakdown because of all that stress. She didn't finish college and now she's on medicines. But that's non-related to you. Sorry for saying that

Lol, owned.

Well, I've decided I'm gonna stop spending most of my time on the PC...playing PC games or doing shit on the internet that is pointless really.
Starting from tomorrow I'm going to stop using the PC as much and gonna concentrate in my studies. The reason for all this is that I was panicking about all the stuff I have to do for college, because if I fail only 1 subject, I won't pass the course, I came really close to failing one of the projects, but I managed to pass.
Anyway, I've realized that I have all my life to play games and spend time going out and doing thing that I enjoy, I only have to study hard for a few years and get a degree in a subject that I like, after that I can do whatever I want, I can go study something else, something different, I could open a business or something, but if all that fails, I'll still have that degree to work with.
I know most of you dont care about this, and I don't see why you should :p, but the young people on this board need to start thinking about what they're doing (if they aren't already).
gb2/RL, workfag!

when I say I'm going to study hard, I mean I'm gonna put studying first, stop spending my time on pointless stuff, do all I can to finish my projects and thats it, I'm not gonna become some sad person who all he does is stay in his house doing work, because I know that isn't good for me, people need free time.
talking about stress, a friend of mine used to work as a graphic designer for this small, growing company, and he was the only designer there as the company was small, and as the company started growing he had more and more work to do, he was so stressed that his body and mind just gave up, he had to go to see a psychiatrist and after a while he decided to do an art course to get a better degree so he could have a better job.

and that means...?

when I say I'm going to study hard, I mean I'm gonna put studying first, stop spending my time on pointless stuff, do all I can to finish my projects and thats it, I'm not gonna become some sad person who all he does is stay in his house doing work, because I know that isn't good for me, people need free time.
talking about stress, a friend of mine used to work as a graphic designer for this small, growing company, and he was the only designer there as the company was small, and as the company started growing he had more and more work to do, he was so stressed that his body and mind just gave up, he had to go to see a psychiatrist and after a while he decided to do an art course to get a better degree so he could have a better job.

I already apologized. Peace? :)

-[chop]-;6237071 said:
ow gawd...ah well good luck dude!!!

^^ thanks :)

Best of luck. :) I'm going to be in the same boat as you are now next year. I need at least a 90% in every course.

It isnt'n hard to pass the courses, I mean, the projects they give us aren't hard at all, but they expect you to do too much, and we have about 5 projects that we have to finish at the same time, and it takes tons of time, which I don't have the way my life is right now :p
and thanks for the good luck wishes ^^

I should stop coming on the pc so much too but it's the only thing that keeps me from wanting to die. Working full time while wanting to sit at home all day practising guitar isn't the best feeling in the world...

I only work in a superstore (Tesco) but it's still exhasting.

I was trying to get back into college to do a degree level course and become a music teacher in a college but after being in a convo with some guys at work, doing a 3 yr apprenticeship in becoming a mechanic, I could earn like £50,000 a year. :O

I was trying to get back into college to do a degree level course and become a music teacher in a college but after being in a convo with some guys at work, doing a 3 yr apprenticeship in becoming a mechanic, I could earn like £50,000 a year. :O

hmm, but you could do a 2 yr BTEC National Diploma or something in music, and you'll enjoy it more.
A friend of mine is doing a 4 yr apprenticeship in becoming a service engineer, he'll be earning loads and he'll have a company van and stuff, he enjoys it, but I think he'll be losing interest in a year or two, the course is just too long.
It's all about enjoying what you do imo, if you go for the gmusic course you'll enjoy it and you will be passing down your knowledge if you become a teacher, which is great.

I've done my 2 yr BTEC. I'm going back to the same college to do the foundation degree but the resources are really shit. I don't really wanna be messing about with Uni 'cause it seems like too much hassle and it'd be way too late for this year. Not to mention the price!!

But yeah, I'll probably end up going for the music thing, I'm sure it won't be that bad.

Good luck dude! I wish you the best! (This totally belongs on MySpace though :loco:)

Lol, owned.
:lol: Asshole XD but it's funny :D
gb2/RL, workfag!
I LOL'd/lulz
I should stop coming on the pc so much too but it's the only thing that keeps me from wanting to die. Working full time while wanting to sit at home all day practising guitar isn't the best feeling in the world...
+1

I know the feeling dude... but yeh.. DO THAT... then give me money? :( <3