Charles J has been ripping people off

Welp, here's my story.

He did my band's EP. It took him an absurdly long time to finish it, but it actually got done after our old drummer basically called him out. It sounded amazing for our style (deathcore) as you know his productions generally do.

So, we go to him the next time around for a full length. I thought, "okay, I know he takes a LOT longer than usual, but the end product is always great" Well, I explain what we were trying to do and he said it would normally cost 2100 for our album and he generously knocked it down to 1300. Awesome, just a fellow friend helping a friend out while we were short on cash.

Well, we paid him the first half, then a ton of time went on without any test mix or anything and he was asking payments for plugins and shit that would help him finish the album. I thought as long as he's taking out the budget, it's fine. He did give me a good deal.

It got to a point where he was lying about stuff breaking so that I would just get it for him (Phil filled me in on this). He eventually said his main monitors "popped" (which I don't know is actually true or not) and needed new ones. So of course there wasn't enough left in the budget and I decided to be gracious enough to help lend MY own money to buy him some ns10s. It was a couple hundred dollars that he owed me that he said he would pay me back asap... LOL.

From there, we kept getting sub par mixes because "I couldn't bring myself to do it" or "I'm gonna kill myself" and he just straight up said he's NOT finishing the album. He sent me 325 out of 1350 that he still owes me. Phil had to fucking go to his house and mail me some of his gear SO I could fucking sell it to get the money back.

I'm currently mixing the album now and my bandmates are telling me how much better they like my mixes better than what he did in like 9 months. Pretty hilarious. But seriously, I called CJ a friend and he just goes around and fucks over a ton of people because he's insane and doesn't know how to manage money. /rant

!!! </3 !!! D= !!! </3 !!!

^ That's me ending our friendship in a language he understands.

PS: Can you send me the NS10's and Liquid Mix that I basically just bought for you?

Wow, those are some really beta stories.

26484_100345246674821_5056389_n.jpg

He looks like zyzz in this pic.

Sucks. I get how people can fall apart doing a job like this day in and out, especially if pre-disposed toward mental instability, but it really seemed like he had it together for a while there. Sorry to hear about all the people that suffered as a consequence.