Charlie Benante's favorites of 2006

painergrey

Jul 15, 2004
Hi there,

Charlie is among the 155 musicians appearing in this special article about the Top albums of 2006.

He has quite an interesting list, although Foo Fighters suck! Better than the ones listing My Chemical Romance (Eric Peterson from Testament) and even Justin Timberlake (Anneke van Giersbergen from The Gathering)

155 musicians pick their favorites of 2006

a lot of people actually picked Beyond Fear. It's a good album indeed... but mentioning your own work is lame.

a lot of people actually picked Beyond Fear. It's a good album indeed... but mentioning your own work is lame.
I don't think it's lame, I actually find it quite admirable. Personally I think it's a pretty boring album & he's much better in Iced Earth, but it's good that he's that proud of the album & holds it in such high regard.

Beyond Fair was pretty good but they did not give their solos enough time to breathe, in my opinion. They were all kinda just crammed in there.

Anyway, it was nice to see Ripper do something original. Instead of just jumping into already established bands - not that I blame him! I would sing for Priest any day!

Beyond Fair was pretty good but they did not give their solos enough time to breathe, in my opinion. They were all kinda just crammed in there.

Anyway, it was nice to see Ripper do something original. Instead of just jumping into already established bands - not that I blame him! I would sing for Priest any day!

The only song that really stood out for me was My Last Words, which was nice.

Well, Ripper isn't the only one on that list promoting his work.
Check out Bob Daisley... :lol:

But, to me the most awkward moment was:
Rudy Sarzo > Queensrÿche, Operation: Mindcrime 2

I see that record used in Iraq, torture tactics.
As the guy from Celtic Frost said about their Cold Lake record - "Why should it be remastered? Certainly not for the sake of music fans."
:lol:

Gonzo from Armored Saint seems to be a fan of Evanescence. Actually, a lot of great musicians voted for this shitty band.

Well, I guess now I know why John Bush stop trying out with Armored Saint. Shit, his drummer is an Evanescence fan.

Hi there,

Charlie is among the 155 musicians appearing in this special article about the Top albums of 2006.

He has quite an interesting list, although Foo Fighters suck! Better than the ones listing My Chemical Romance (Eric Peterson from Testament) and even Justin Timberlake (Anneke van Giersbergen from The Gathering)

155 musicians pick their favorites of 2006

Why do Foo Fighters suck? their accoustic album was one of my faves this year.
Can leave Deftones though, their latest was nothing special

Couldn't Charlie at least put one metalalbum in his top 3? oh wlel I guess that's his personal taste, nothing wrong with that I guess....

Yeah, personal taste... but I can't avoid thinking the same as you. At least one fucking metal album for God's sake.

so Rob Halford is a nobody? Chuck Billy? Eric Peterson? Mille Petrozza? Andreas Kisser? Mike D'Antonio? Mikael Akerfeldt? Mikael Stanne? John JD DeServio? Tim Ripper Owens? Craig Locicero? Jay Reynolds? Leif Edling? Michael Amott? Schmier? Rudy Sarzo? Craig Goldy? Steve Asheim? Tommy Victor?

Wow, you must be a metal fan.

so Rob Halford is a nobody? Chuck Billy? Eric Peterson? Mille Petrozza? Andreas Kisser? Mike D'Antonio? Mikael Akerfeldt? Mikael Stanne? John JD DeServio? Tim Ripper Owens? Craig Locicero? Jay Reynolds? Leif Edling? Michael Amott? Schmier? Rudy Sarzo? Craig Goldy? Steve Asheim? Tommy Victor?

Wow, you must be a metal fan.

I admit it...I've never heard of half of these guys.

wow... you don't need to be old to recognize those names. Mike D'Antonio has been selling thousands of records with Killswitch Engage for years. Mille Petrozza, Chuck Billy and Schmier are Thrash Metal legends. Rudy Sarzo and Craig Goldy are with Dio for some years... Jay Reynolds is the force behind the mighty Malice, former Megadeth, current Metal Church. Leif Edling is the mastermind of doom masters from Candlemass.

Mikael Akerfeldt is one of the most importat musicians of the current scene, and so is Michael Amott.

Anyway, I don't give a fuck. In my opinion, their musical tastes suck and the best thing in this article is the photo of the chick from Epica. It looks like she is... well, you all know. She must be the hottest chick EVER in Metal.

never heard of most of 'em. Yeah, I know & like Halford, Chuck/Chunk Billy, Peterson, Mille and a handful of others. But I'm clearly not a metal fan if I don't know the line-up of Killswitch Engage? I'm sure Daughtry is selling thousands of records too, doesn't mean I should be familiar with his backing band.