check my new song! (Pod xt - ADdrums - metalcore?)

Could you give me some info about your guitarsound(what u do besides your Podxt, and do you do anything about the drums?)
hell yeah! but this sound s not a big deal: guitar into pod, pod into pc via usb - double tracking, and only Splat's curve eq (with some customization) - drum s pure from the preset, on master track for now there is nothing - this song is totally unmixed :)

Yeah, maybe one can do both...
I agree with you, but I must get into basic mixing too to get a listenable sound. I think I m ok with this, especially comparing with my elder mixes :rofl:

On my opinion song nice, but:
1. muddy guitar mixing.
2. Some riffs are very familiar to the "Egg" and "Diode".

Dude, wow, that was awesome.

I can't get any type of tone like that out of my Pod. :( What are you using to get such an awesome sound like that?

I mean...Jesus tap dancing Christ...how the hell did you get that awesome sound.

Nice track again fuge.

I think the major mixing problems here are:

-The drums are too thin, kick in particular. This could be because your bass guitar is taking up an odd part of the spectrum. It's all boomy lows, rather than being spread more evenly across the lower end of the spectrum. There is no high-mid component to the bass sound to identify with and add grit to the guitar tone. Toms are also really thin.

-The guitars aren't bad. I think they'd sit a lot better if the mix around them changed. The bass guitar more than anything is creating all this weird booming, rather than being smooth.

Man, how do you use Splat`s Curve EQ patch? I mean there is 2 different presets. I tried them different ways, but i can`t get tone like this.

roflcopter117!! thanks for the up Lekteri :)
thats a fact I ve been quite inactive nowadays, but not dead at all hahah...
the local environment slows the progress of writing, and uni takes my time too.
New track will come soon, and after 3 weeks we ll record vocals at least!

talkin about technical issues, here is the pod patch Im using still: FugeBB.l6t
regarding Splat's curve eq, in this track I used it yeah, but I edited it much to fit the pod's taste. I advice you the same, dont trust always in ready-to-use presets,
the difference between rigs can truly distort the mixes in a wrong way. This is just a fact worth to keep in mind.
Check this few sec clip I made: beta.mp3 This is raw at all, guitars are un-postprocessed. I think it sounds better than my prev mixes lol!
and used the same preset same drums same guitar. rofl. Later I ll try to tweak it with some eq and BBE maximizer, as i used to. I ve updated the AD preset btw, I ll post that too if there s a need for that. Thanks for the nice comments, hope I can open a new thread soon with some new shit :rofl: thanks for listening!

Almost forgot, thanks 4 the mixing advices, I need many of those! :)

Not bad but the kick needs to be louder and boost 50 hz, high pass the bass guitar at 65hz but thats just what i would do. On the bass guitar boost 12K and 3K and it will add alot more presence. The guitars might be a bit muddy in the low end but the song is FUCKING SICK! Keep it up cant wait to hear MORE!!

thanks :rofl: its not that good, but I think its ok for now.
Split Nail, you meant for fractal or this beta stuff? I ll try these anyway, thanks 4 help!

Im talking about the mix that you have posted. If you want you can send me the mix and i will mix it for free. :)