Check out this band please!

AlexJacobii

You are a Gimp.
Feb 20, 2009
Michigan
Some of the greatest unsigned Power Metal musicians, Ascension. They are releasing their first album soon and put up a sampler track on their myspace. Steve knows them and can tell you about them from personal experience if he feels like it. They are similar to PQ in the way they interact with their fans, a few of them even claim me as a mate, and not just a facebook friend. They are very talented musicians, good people, and the music itself is amazing. Please just check out the sample track!

http://www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk

I do believe the Ascension guy comes by here once in a blue moon, if I'm not mistaken! Haven't seen him in ages though! Good stuff, this band gets my recommendation too.

I do believe the Ascension guy comes by here once in a blue moon, if I'm not mistaken! Haven't seen him in ages though! Good stuff, this band gets my recommendation too.

Aye, Ricki does drop in! Good man, he's the one who made sure I got the link.

Well it appears that Ricki(their singer) has not been on the PQ forums much because he forgets what password and email he used for his account! But they are happy to hear that you two have liked it, please pass it on to other power metal fans haha

:Spam:

Just kidding :p I saw Ascension when they played my uni's rocksoc. They're ok.

Haha in a way it is spam, but most of them are PQ fans, they are obviously influenced by PQ and DF, they've played with PQ, and Steve has met them and said they were a good bunch of guys so what better place to spam then here?

ascension band is cool. i'm glad somebody else mentioned about them. i think ricki made a thread here before and posted the link for another chance at life. great, great song.

Glad to see so many people already know of them! Ricki tries his best to get them out there. This album promises to be way better then their EP's were. It was produced by none other then Mr. Andy LaRocque of King Diamond fame. It also features 1 ballad for those who prefer slower songs, however it is only 1 ballad for those who despise slower songs. Man they need to pay me for all this advertising....

Glad to see so many people already know of them! Ricki tries his best to get them out there. This album promises to be way better then their EP's were. It was produced by none other then Mr. Andy LaRocque of King Diamond fame. It also features 1 ballad for those who prefer slower songs, however it is only 1 ballad for those who despise slower songs. Man they need to pay me for all this advertising....

I'm assuming Alchemy is out?

I asked you to tell them that they got potential, did you do that?

:)

Hey guys,

Doc (guitarist from Ascension) here!

Thanks for checking out the preview tracks... can't wait to get this album out there - it'll be worth the wait! We had a total blast recording with Andy - definitely recommend him as someone to work with, especially for a debut album.

Look out for our instrumental track on there with a guest keyboard solo by a great friend of ours! It's absolutely rockin' but I'll keep it a secret for now ;)

We have big plans for this year ahead so look out :)

Doc

Actions speak louder than generic music.

True, and they have acted much like Power Quest. They work hard to get their music out there, practice a lot, maintain contact with their fans, spend money in order to give their fans what they want, and try to make their music as original as possible, hell they stopped selling "Moongate" simply because they did not believe it was up to par. Also their shows are pretty intense, they work hard making sure that they can give a great show, just read the review from their gig with PQ! Steve could tell you the REAL STORY about these guys. Please refrain from trolling, thank you.

I asked you to tell them that they got potential, did you do that?

:)

Well Stuart and Ricki were in here so yeah they know!

I'm assuming Alchemy is out?

Yes, it has been out for some time now. If I remember right its like 5 GBP. They also have shirts and the "Listen to Your Heart" single. "Listen to Your Heart" is available for a free download but if you buy it you get pro artwork and the money goes to charity.

If you would like to have some of their music here is a link to their singles that they give away for free:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3d1bc0f059797e310dec85adfe0a530ae04e75f6e8ebb871

I don't understand Andi's comment :erk:

He is implying that they stole money from charities, rigged a Battle of the Bands contest (a magazine did an article on them before the show actually...), and other assorted stuff that they did not do merely because they won that Battle of the Bands over his friend's band and they also got the cash to go to Sweden to record, which they did by pooling their money and selling merch. Basically it is a subtle troll, but a troll nonetheless.