Check out this band please!

Cheers guys! Appreciate it! By all means continue the "debate" offline so to speak.....

Hopefully we do not have to...hopefully the issue is resolved, I do not know if it will be as I am not linked to the band except for the fact that I buy their music and talk to them every now and then.

Regardless hopefully this thread can now be used to spread good music.

I currently do not have the album release date but I believe that the album will be released between mid-February and mid-March.

Ricki (their singer), has annouced that Ascension will be embarking on a short, 10 day or so, European tour near the end of summer or early Autumn. The tour will include spots in mainland Europe (yet to be decided on) and Glasgow and London.

after all the crap earlier I kind of forgot a fwe things sorry if I sound so ignorant

do you know the band in person? why do you want ppl to check them out?

again sorry in advance if I sound ignorant.

after all the crap earlier I kind of forgot a fwe things sorry if I sound so ignorant

do you know the band in person? why do you want ppl to check them out?

again sorry in advance if I sound ignorant.

Probably a good refresher question to begin with anyways.

I am friends with the band through Facebook. I follow them quite a bit and so I usually get information from them before they publish it on Facebook or myspace. I have never personally met them.

I want people to check them out because they are similar in sound to bands like PQ and Dragonforce. I also intended for this thread to be open to people to post links to other local or smaller bands or musicians so we can all check them out.

Ohhhh, there was some band similar to this one that I knew before but I forgot their name. It was by some guy which was my friend on some onlnie game.

I'll go check that forum where he posted his band, brb, I'll post here if I find out the name...

I think I've seen one of Ascension's members hopping around here and posted in this thread once. Is he still around?

Hey guys,

Doc (guitarist from Ascension) here!

Thanks for checking out the preview tracks... can't wait to get this album out there - it'll be worth the wait! We had a total blast recording with Andy - definitely recommend him as someone to work with, especially for a debut album.

Look out for our instrumental track on there with a guest keyboard solo by a great friend of ours! It's absolutely rockin' but I'll keep it a secret for now ;)

We have big plans for this year ahead so look out :)

Doc
Here we go

Is he still around?

Howdy!

Yeah I'm still kicking around... pop in from time to time but I don't post on these forums much ... we've had a busy week with getting our Master CD back from Andy and arranging a photoshoot as well as looking for companies to shoot a music video with! Phew!

Howdy!

Yeah I'm still kicking around... pop in from time to time but I don't post on these forums much ... we've had a busy week with getting our Master CD back from Andy and arranging a photoshoot as well as looking for companies to shoot a music video with! Phew!
The way you describe it kinda makes me think about how difficult the music business is but good luck anyway :)

Howdy!

Haha and to top it off Dick has finals so you know he must be having a totally relaxed week!

Any ideas as to what song your music video will be for?

I'd like to know how you know what song it'll be before hearing any of the full songs - but it'll be pretty obvious soon :)

And no .... it's not my favourite song but I like them all quite a lot ;)

Haha well I read statuses, there are enough hints around for me to figure it out, plus general process of elimination got rid of a few songs due to length, I do not know the EXACT song but it is narrowed down to two.