Check out this band please!

What a magnificent assumption. :lol: Anyway, I'll leave you to your trollfest. Have fun!

Assumption: In logic an assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

Pretty sure it is not an assumption. As for the trollfest, if I recall right you are the only one trolling. So thanks for leaving.

Come on guys :erk:

Lol, sorry about that dude, I just had to throw out his argument before he got there. If anyone plans to buy Ascension merch, everything is available except for the "Moongate" EP and that shouldn't even be in the store anyways!

Let me tell you that the album preview sounds very promising! Singer hits some insane notes there in the beginning. Me like.

Oh yeah Ricki, the singer, is quite talented. I must say this preview took me by surprise and I've been listening to them since before their "Listen to Your Heart" single. It sounds very promising!

Finally listened to the samples.. wow! Keeping my eye on them...

He is implying that they stole money from charities, rigged a Battle of the Bands contest (a magazine did an article on them before the show actually...), and other assorted stuff that they did not do merely because they won that Battle of the Bands over his friend's band and they also got the cash to go to Sweden to record, which they did by pooling their money and selling merch. Basically it is a subtle troll, but a troll nonetheless.

You know, its always pretty telling to list the crimes before anybody has accused you. :lol:

You know, its always pretty telling to list the crimes before anybody has accused you. :lol:

And here comes another possible troll situation. Nah actually I spelled it out for those of us who do not live in Scotland, the band told me about the rumours. I can vouch for them though, fact is they did not take the money from any charity and it would be complete bogus to say they did to pay for the trip as they only sold enough singles to raise about 80 quid mind you this is total money, not profit, that went to charity. It is not petty to dispel rumours before another spreads them.

The way you explained to me what trolling is in the PM really doesn't reflect the situation(s) that occurred here in the thread...

The way you explained to me what trolling is in the PM really doesn't reflect the situation(s) that occurred here in the thread...

Well the last guy WAS trolling. Andy was simply building up to trolling. Not obvious to those who do not know how these guys act in RL.

It would be flawed to expect any logic in the inane ramblings of the chap, so don't think you've missed the point or anything.

Right right, explain my "innate ramblings". As I recall you are/were part of the group who slandered Ascension simply because your friends band, Eternal Idol if I do recall correctly, got hammered in the Battle of the Bands. It is one thing to be sore over the loss, it is quite another to say people are embezzling or rigging contests. I understand you have a problem with Ascension, and by extension their fans, but that does not mean I am going to just let you start spreading BS about their "actions" speaking louder then "generic music". Quite simply you try to act dumb but deep down you know that you are just trying to harm Ascension reputation simply out of jealously. Let me ask you something, if you lived in Southampton in 2000 and PQ beat your friends band in Battle of the Bands would you say that shit about them?

Hmm. Pretty odd, didn't seem like trolling to me in any way, shape, form, or logic.

That is because the "actions" he is referring to do not follow. The "actions" he was referring to were a part of an anti-Ascension slander campaign. The band knows who he is and who he hangs around so thats how I knew it was trolling even when it doesn't appear to be trolling to those who are not familiar to the Aberdeen metal scene (hey that rhymed!).

You also blamed me for the same thing back in the pirated music thread. So maybe you say it's trolling because it's really the only thing you can blame people for when they say something you don't like.

Looks like I'm going to have to step in here......I'm in the awkward position here of being friends with people on both sides of this argument I'm afraid.

Guys....if you want to have this kind of debate/argument or whatever you want to call it, can you do it elsewhere please?

Over and out.......

I will respect Steve's wishes and won't further fuel the fire. But I would like to have the opportunity to say that Alex's posts in no way sum up any of my thoughts, feelings or opinions and I don't take kindly to being told how I've behaved when I have not done so.

Over and out, also.

Over and out as well, but I must say that SL, you obviously do not understand trolling, please google it if my explanation does not make sense.

I'll be the local hippie and let everyone know we're all friends. Don't let things get bitter!

I'll be the local hippie and let everyone know we're all friends. Don't let things get bitter!

Haha yeah man I actually agree with you, I just don't like it when people make cutting comments about my friends, but then again Steve claims us all so fighting with each other kind is basically an FU to him....sorry Steve