Cheesiest Opeth lines

I Really think they're not cheesy; theose lines are just simple thoughts.

Does he have to look for over-elaborate round-about words and phrases to make you feel idiot for not being able of desciphering the real content of them?

are fireflies too cheesy for you?
You should read more, son. Really.

simple words aren't bad. musical gimmicks and cliche lyrics that don't really mean a damn thing are a bit lame.

simple words aren't bad. musical gimmicks and cliche lyrics that don't really mean a damn thing are a bit lame.

yeah, but this is totally subjective, I mean, Some of them are based on Clichès, i give you that, but you can't tell if they are meaningless or not; Many of Opeth's lyrics evoke on me plenty of thoughts, memories and even sensations, so i couldn't possibly define them as "cheesy". Sorry, but the word is too mediocre itself to define a lyric content IMHO.

The Drapery Falls : "Please remedy my confusion"
Death Whispered A Lullaby : "Sleep my child"

Harlequin Forest : "They are the trees"

1) Why?
2) In the context of death whispering a lullaby, I love that line.
3) That part is great to sing in the shower!

About the Leper Affinity's "lost are days of spring," that part is amazing, especially "keep the beast inside," which does a great job of bringing you into the next badass riff.

Ill have to go with the "will the children cry, when their mother dies" line, thats just... not good.