Opeth @ Rock am Ring 2006, download here

Seance

Still Writes in Crayon
Feb 20, 2003
US
Visit site
Well this morning was Opeth's turn to be shown on that Rock am Ring streaming website or whatever, so I scrambled to find a way to possibly record the stream and succeeded.

The setlist:
The Grand Conjuration
Closure
Deliverance... well maybe not... they fucking cut Opeth off in the first verse

they show over 2 full hours of Metallica's full set yesterday, but can't even show Opeth playing 3 fucking songs... send an email to rockpalast@wdr.de and let them know how you feel about that... maybe they'll reshow Opeth's performance if there's enough demand... maybe they'll put it up for download... I don't really care... and I also don't really care if they have an inbox of pissed off Opeth fans that amounts to nothing

anyway

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F88672BB72C3692E

go there, right click "Download Now" button, click "Save Target As...", save it, and enjoy... it's a .ram file so you'll need RealPlayer

NOTE: there are 4 or 5 skips in Closure... sorry, but I can't help it, I'm no pro and I don't have a T9000 internet connection, this is just me as a fan trying to share something with other fans... the skips only last a split second a piece though and don't really take much away from the performance... if anyone else has a better video they can upload, go for it, we'll dig ya

if it needs uploaded again elsewhere, as I don't know if there's a bandwidth limit on YouSendIt/rapidshare.de, then hopefully one of you will do it, if not I'll do it again

alternate link/site: http://rapidshare.de/files/22194398/Opeth_Rock_am_Ring_2006.ram.html

Hey you did a great job, this sounds and looks way better than it did when I was watching it through my own connection. Thanks man! :kickass:

Awesome man!

I'm really glad you recorded it, because I was asleep during the performance.

TGC was ok, but Per's keyboard was either turned up to high, or Mike and Peter's guitars too low.

Closure was really beautiful. Per's solo type deal was amazing. I just love this song live, it just keeps getting better and better.

Deliveranc was awesome! The whole 13:35 of it was stupendous :Smug: . Freaken "Kaiser Cheifs"

Anyways,
"We are the Swedish Whores from Sweden"

EDIT: Oh, and did I miss some memo or something, but what is with all the treefrogs?