Children of Bodom acquired taste?

In my early non metal stage i remember my friend playing it ... of course i didnt cared ... later i was listening to a radio show and they played silent night bodom night and i jumped from bed....that was it ... but for my brohter was harder ... i often listened to hatebreeder and my brother would go "do you listen to shit like that ? thats crap" ... then he began to enjoy it ..

first time i heard the band (towards dead ends) its sounded like fuking anime music, i kept thinking it could be the perfect theme for gundam wing. ANd when i bought ftr, a friend of mine heard northern comfort and kissing the shadows and he sed it was like megaman music on speed.

I hooked up for life since the first listening
The mighty "Lake Bodom"

I don't know why you say it sound like cartoony... i dont know for you but i always found that cob has a melancholic sound and agressive with lot of hate and melancholy...

i was really not into metal at all, but i heard children of bodom and heard the guitar riffs, and for a while i kinda didn't have an opinion on them, then i really got into them, and now they are my favorite band, and they opened the doors of metal to me

Originally posted by Children_of_Sinergy
I don't think that was actually COB that did "wizzards: iron, steel, metal" it sounds like a mislabeled song. Kind of like "children of bodom: repent" you can tell it's not them by the vocals

but maybe I'm wrong.

COB did do "Iron, steel, metal", and "Repent". it's on their single for CHILDREN OF BODOM(the song).
cob_sgl.gif

Children Of Bodom (SPINEFARM)/1998
SPI59CD

1.Children Of Bodom (5:10)
2.Repent (Whore) (5:17)
3.Iron, Steel, Metal (5:15)
(Japanese release)

I don't know... the voice sounds nothing like Alexi, but it's on the discography....
maybe he just sang very differently.
:confused:

When I first herd bands like In Flames and Children of Bodom and Opeth....I didn't necessarily like them....but after a while....i started to like them...so i guess its an acquired taste....and Hatebreeder is the BEST album i've ever heard....

I have that single and no its not them they are different bands featured on the single.... spinefarm did this with singles in their VERY early years... they did it also with nightwish's first single on nightwishs first single you can find cobs red light in my eyes....