Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

To be honest, I didn't like your lead tone for the FTR solo...it sounds like it had a little too much effects on it, maybe too much chorus? But great job on the playing! Also good job on Warheart! It sounds like you changed the rhythm guitars a bit for the first part, but you stayed in time! the sweeps sound nicely played, but it sounds like maybe you hit a few wrong notes?

I know this is part of other people covering Bodom and all that but.....................When in the hell is Bodom going to release the Suicidal Tendencies cover!? lmao..

dexter.png

Ok! On the last day and all that stuff, but at least I did it :lol:

Warheart :kickass:

Let me know what you think! I'm pretty proud of the interlude sweeps :D

And also as I was in the mood of recording and FTR has been on my mind the whole week, here's an attempt of the solos. Let me know what you think and please be honest :lol:

Follow The Reaper (solos)
I like the Warheart one. As Mystique said I think you hit a few wrong notes in the sweeps but well done anyway.
I think the FTR one isn't that good though. The first solo is the best but it somehow sounds a bit like your guitar is close to being out of tune. At 0:07 you could use vibrato which would give it much more feeling. And the second solo, well you just play kind of a lot of other things :p
But well done, overall.

dunno wheter I can just post this here... but whatever...
Ive always wanted to contribute :)blush:) to this thread so here it goes...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xlvqcv

It's pretty much my first recording^^ so dont be too mean :worship:
my problem is that my computer is not in the same room as my guitar so i had to record the whole guitar track at once what kinda sucked so there are heeeeaaaapz of mistakes in there :(
But pls tell me what you think of it :)

btw to mitch/warheart: fuckin awesome backingtrack dude!!!!!:headbang:

cheers

Nice ROTW!
And that was pretty nice Reaper, you should contribute some more =)

To be honest, I didn't like your lead tone for the FTR solo...it sounds like it had a little too much effects on it, maybe too much chorus? But great job on the playing! Also good job on Warheart! It sounds like you changed the rhythm guitars a bit for the first part, but you stayed in time! the sweeps sound nicely played, but it sounds like maybe you hit a few wrong notes?

On the FTR? It had distortion, that's the only thing :lol: Maybe the ''effect'' is crappy playing :lol: I posted it because as I had already recorded it I didn't want to keep it there, but I wasn't really happy with it either, :lol:

About the Warheart one the rythm guitars I played them exactly like they are on the tab, or at least in the one I have, and the sweep may have some wrong notes, yeah, I just liked that one because it ended up so clean and I was so tired of doing it over and over again that I went with it.

Thanks for the comments!

I like the Warheart one. As Mystique said I think you hit a few wrong notes in the sweeps but well done anyway.
I think the FTR one isn't that good though. The first solo is the best but it somehow sounds a bit like your guitar is close to being out of tune. At 0:07 you could use vibrato which would give it much more feeling. And the second solo, well you just play kind of a lot of other things :p
But well done, overall.

Thanks! About the FTR one to be honest the second one I recorded it in order to have more than 10 seconds :lol:, but the one that I'm more keen on is the first one, and still could have better playing, yeah, but dunno, maybe next time :lol:

Tim, wahts the new ROTW??? YBOD???? :)

and Jose: nice work on the interlude and the solos but I have to agree with mystique and flappy

Yep, I agree too, :lol: Thanks for commenting though :)

This one is for everybody: the FTR one sucked both tone wise and playing wise, but the Warheart one which was the serious one what did you think about the tone? It's strong and nice enough or should I go and get a Toneport?

Wrong or missed? I know I missed some, but the ones I played are the ones I found in the tab :ill: I swear, I ended up so fucking tired of the damn interlude. I recorded it like 40 times before I started liking what came out :erk: I ended up putting a sock covering the strings near the headstock to avoid ''extra'' and undesired sounds because my computer has the bad habit of picking all those noises and making them fucking loud :lol: Yep, it's a bit of cheating, but even Petrucci does it, so i don't feel guilty :lol::lol: