Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Aww, I'm sorry. but you know my parents wanted to go to Spain for Christmas? I was like wtf...I want snow during Christmas, not more heat! Sucks for me and you.

And Yay!!! I finally got to do a ROTW. although it's 2:40am here, this is like the only free time I'll have before school starts in 5 hours :lol: oh well, hope you guys like it:Death is by my side!!!!!!!

Nice tone and nice playing!

So Spain for Christmas?? :lol: Not the best time actually. It'll be warm maybe compared to your place (dunno, and relaly depends on where you go), but I don't think it's the best time for coming here hehe.

Nice playing and nice snow Mystique! :)
Damn if I stay up that late on a normal school day I can't keep my eyes open on school :D

Same here :lol:

Nice one Tim! Good job!

Nice one Tim! Where is the interlude? :)

Ok, recording number 3 of ROTW # 29. My best recording of the Warheart solo and interlude. NOTE: It's the audio record of my YouTube Video (which isn't uploaded yet cause of my shitty internet) so I will post the vid of the solo when I'm at home with a faster internet connection.

CHILDREN OF BODOM _ WARHEART INTERLUDE AND SOLO 3rd TRY!

Wow! That was fucking nice! Really great solo dude! Although I think you could do with the lead guitar a bit louder, but still I could hear it and it fucking rocked! :kickass:

Thx guys! Yeah, I could do the Lead louder (If you want I can post it again with only rythm and only lead guitars) but I want to have nearly the same mixing as the original and the original is also really quiet. But I still don't know how the get this fucking great wide lead tone. When you pan the original to the left, right and let it be in the middle it's always the same great sound but I can only pan right, left or middle. Thats annoying.

Ok, here are the leads http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gtd9s

and the rythm http://www.sendspace.com/file/ihhlni

I used nearly every effect of the world in the lead the become a wide sound (chorus, echo, delay, hall)

and Mystique: that was a really nice recording!

EDIT again:

CHILDREN OF BODOM _ INTERLUDE SOLO (WITH ECHO)

This one sounds much better!

thank you for the comments guys! I'm glad you liked the snowy picture as well :) Sadly, I'm used to getting only about 4-5 hours of sleep when it's a school night. I have a bad habit of staying up late, even when I'm uber tired.

Tim: That was really good, nice tone as well. Although you tricked us cuz you put in that intro quote, and I thought it was going to be the whole song :p

Arcane: Excellent playing in that last link you posted. the lead tone sounds really awesome. the rhythm tone sounded a bit dry, but that's just for my taste.

I need some help! I've uploaded my Warheart Solo on Youtube but can't insert a video description or anything else. Everytime I would like to name the vid COB Warheart solo it says: plz insert a valid video description! well, here'S the solo

(you have to click on full screen and watch in better quality)

ok, it works

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx Flappy! Here's another new vid on my Channel! The sweepings from Raskaaampa Joulua whatever... (it also went a bit out of sync after the upload)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx guys! Yeah, I could do the Lead louder (If you want I can post it again with only rythm and only lead guitars) but I want to have nearly the same mixing as the original and the original is also really quiet. But I still don't know how the get this fucking great wide lead tone. When you pan the original to the left, right and let it be in the middle it's always the same great sound but I can only pan right, left or middle. Thats annoying.

Ok, here are the leads http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gtd9s

and the rythm http://www.sendspace.com/file/ihhlni

I used nearly every effect of the world in the lead the become a wide sound (chorus, echo, delay, hall)

and Mystique: that was a really nice recording!

EDIT again:

CHILDREN OF BODOM _ INTERLUDE SOLO (WITH ECHO)

This one sounds much better!

I need some help! I've uploaded my Warheart Solo on Youtube but can't insert a video description or anything else. Everytime I would like to name the vid COB Warheart solo it says: plz insert a valid video description! well, here'S the solo

(you have to click on full screen and watch in better quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGDtFHsP-Q

ok, it works

Fucking nice! It rocks! I liked the effect you gave it with the chorus, it does give it a ''wider'' feeling. :kickass:

Thx Flappy! Here's another new vid on my Channel! The sweepings from Raskaaampa Joulua whatever... (it also went a bit out of sync after the upload)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEB2sgTmXIw

Nice! Cool and really clean sweeping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEB2sgTmXIw

yeah, it's kinda tricky to keep the audio and video in sync when you have to do them separately. btw, what video editing program do you use to be able to put 2 videos in 1 like you just did? I don't think Windows Movie Maker has that capability...does it?

yeah, it's kinda tricky to keep the audio and video in sync when you have to do them separately. btw, what video editing program do you use to be able to put 2 videos in 1 like you just did? I don't think Windows Movie Maker has that capability...does it?

I'm at a course PC, so I can't watch YouTube vids.

But I talked with him about the split-screen video effect, said how it's done. I would strongly think that he is using Sony Vegas, as that was the program he used while I taught him.

WMM doesn't have that feature, and that's good, because WMM is pretty shite for anything except compressing.

I don't think it's the manual syncing process that makes it not in sync. Since nearly all my videos (which is made in the same way), have been synced (almost) perfectly, and still has quite a sync problem when uploaded to YouTube. They should fix that. :(

I use Sony Vegas for doing split screen, but I don't know what Arcane uses! It's annoying that WMM can't do complicated stuff like that!

I used SOny Vegas Pro 8, yes. Is it possible to cut out the black border around the screens to mkae them bigger? And sombody should tell me how to fade in screens - I need this for my next videos :)

@ Children of COB: yeah, the chorus give it a wider effect but I normaly I do not try to use a chorus cause I don't like the sound of it very much but without any effects I don't have this wide sound...

I used SOny Vegas Pro 8, yes. Is it possible to cut out the black border around the screens to mkae them bigger? And sombody should tell me how to fade in screens - I need this for my next videos :)

On the actual video, place your pointer at the top left, or top right corner of the bar, and a little triangle should appear. Then just click and drag as far as you want and that's your fade in/out. Same applies for the sound file!

You pretty much nailed it.

But a little hard to hear the guitars, turn up some mids perhaps... Or use the downloadable backing tracks.
If you mean rythm guitar, I can turn those up a little. Otherwise I don't really understand what you mean. I thought they were loud enough :p
This is the downloadable BT btw, the one without guitars and with vocals.