Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I'm envious that you're such a good player at such a young age :p Keep at it and you can be the next Alexi.

Oh and I'm 21. My name is Twisha (pronounced like twee-sha), it's a very old Sanskrit name.
Thanks but no I will never be as good as Alexi =) If I would be like that I would have been able to play the Something Wild album now of which some parts are way out of my reach :rofl:
And I like the name Twisha (I already kind of knew it though because of your recordings =p)! Does it have any specific meaning or is it just a name? :)

@Tim: I don't have lessons anymore, though I'm thinking about getting them again. I had them for about 6/7 years I think. Starting whith classical Spanish guitar to Bodom on my Ibanez (only for a few months though =(.

The Phantom of the Opera off of Century Child, it's a well good song! :D And dang it Twisha, you're older than me :( When did you start playing guitar? And who here got lessons?
oooh lol. and here I was thinking the movie :lol:
Yes, I am old :( I started playing in June 2006...so when I was 19. I have a looong way to go. Never got lessons tho. I actually started learning a lot of stuff on this forum itself, with the help of Mitch and others back when we all used to post in the tab thread.
How long have you played for?
Thanks but no I will never be as good as Alexi =) If I would be like that I would have been able to play the Something Wild album now of which some parts are way out of my reach :rofl:
And I like the name Twisha (I already kind of knew it though because of you recordings =p)! Does it have any specific meaning or is it just a name? :)

@Tim: I don't have lessons anymore, though I'm thinking about getting them again. I had them for about 6/7 years I think. Starting whith classical Spanish guitar to Bodom on my Ibanez (only for a few months though =(.

Oh right, Alexi composed Something Wild when he was 17-18, that crazy mofo. But dude, with your experience (lessons for 6 years) you can definitely reach that level soon. And keep practicing classical, it'll really help for metal playing too :)

And hmm...I think Twisha means splendor. thanks :)

I've started playing piano at the age of 5 and played 9 years and I've started acoustic guitar when I was 18 and electric when I was 19 or 20.

And 'Abmischung' means recording or mixing

I've been playing since I was about... Late 16, early 17? I haven't had any lessons either :)

Funny story actually.. I commented a video on youtube which had the guitar teacher from school in it, and in the comment I called him a dick, and he found out :| Hehe! :D He called me into his office and was like "wtf?!" Ah well :)

And thanks for clearing that up for me Frederick :)

I wish I'd started when I was a lot younger, and had lessons and stuff, just so I could be a dick :D

Oh right, Alexi composed Something Wild when he was 17-18, that crazy mofo. But dude, with your experience (lessons for 6 years) you can definitely reach that level soon. And keep practicing classical, it'll really help for metal playing too :)

And hmm...I think Twisha means splendor. thanks :)
Myea well I don't really play a lot of classical anymore but maybe I should! Thanks for the confidence girl!
The fact that you started playing at 19 doesn't mean you can't be a great guitar player. You've just got to take the time to play, and have fun. =)

Dang I really have to go bed now or it'll be sleepy Mart tomorrow at math =p
Good night =)

I've been playing since I was about... Late 16, early 17? I haven't had any lessons either :)

Funny story actually.. I commented a video on youtube which had the guitar teacher from school in it, and in the comment I called him a dick, and he found out :| Hehe! :D He called me into his office and was like "wtf?!" Ah well :)

lol owned!

Really weird. They had a lot of acoustic elements in it :')
Not your average Bodom album :rofl:

:lol:

But I'd like to keep Alexi's harsh vocals. And a little heavier than Sinergy if possible =p More like HCDR XD

+897038247509834758093247502398473257937463724

I think a lot of those acoustic elements could be credited to Jesper when he was in the band. He used to be such an amazing composer, and the early In Flames songs show this as well.

I think it's more of an Alexi's thing, because they remained after Jesper left and were in the same ways, and also I think Roope helped with it too, he's a really experienced player in many fields.

Is anyone interested to hear the song (my acouytic tab) with BT and guitar parts? I think I will go over it and change a lot of bars and record it.

It'd be cool!

I think they'll make one. But hey that's just a thought so don't hold on to that =p

Somehow I just thought about how old all you guys are..I don't know the age of anyone of you.
I'll start with myself =p
I'm 17. You? :rofl:

And yes Arcane that would be cool dude! Would like to hear it.

I'm 19, and as most of you already know my name is Jose :)

Been playing since I was 15 or something, seriously since I was 17 I'd say.

Yeah, I wish they'd kept Marco on bass, he is a hella good musician! Have you heard him sing in Phantom of the Opera?

Lauri kicks Marco's ass :mad::lol: Actually vocal wise I don't know, but Marco didn't do that much vocals for Sinergy and regarding bass playing Lauri did and does kick Marco's ass.

I just got this from wikipedia - "Sinergy is currently recording their latest album, entitled Sins of the Past, for a release planned for late 2005, but which has gone into 2009, due to Children of Bodom's busy schedule."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

And I'm 19 :) I've been wondering what everyone's real names are actually.. I'm Tim Merrick :)

Wikipedia is something I wouldn't trust on that kind of things. I would so like them to finish Sins Of The Past, but I don't think they'll ever finish it. I've sometimes wondered if Roope playing in COB has had any effect on it. Not for the bandmembers but for the record label or something, who don't want to have the same guitar couple in both bands or something. I don't know, and I supose that the main reason is that Kim has decided either to take a break from the music world or to leave it, but in so many time waiting for the album loads of things come to mind, and that was one.

And I like the name Twisha (I already kind of knew it though because of your recordings =p)! Does it have any specific meaning or is it just a name? :)

You had 6/7 years of lessons? I envy you! Actually I started to have lessons, but in the worst time of my life: when I was 14-15, and it was the ''rebel'' time and I just wanted to play The Offpsring and some other punk crap and the teacher kept giving me chords and that kind of stuff and I was bored and I thought that had nothing to do with what I wanted so I dropped. Only to realize, a few years later when I took it seriously, that learning all that stuff and paying attention to my teacher would have been great for my developement as player. Too late :erk:

I'm 16, been playing 5 years i think. I'm gonna start contributing here if someone wouldn't mind uploading the backing tracks for me when the riffs are announced :D. I downloaded reaper and some VST plugins and i can a decent solo tone, still looking for a cool rhythm one. :D.

Loving the festive picture :p What is your real name?

Thanks! It's AWESOME.

I might as well just throw in some info here, people don't know me that well:)

Daniel Andersen is my name. I am 16 years young and I have played guitar for about 4 years. 2 years of punk (only power chords) and 2 years with methulll!!:kickass:

You had 6/7 years of lessons? I envy you! Actually I started to have lessons, but in the worst time of my life: when I was 14-15, and it was the ''rebel'' time and I just wanted to play The Offpsring and some other punk crap and the teacher kept giving me chords and that kind of stuff and I was bored and I thought that had nothing to do with what I wanted so I dropped. Only to realize, a few years later when I took it seriously, that learning all that stuff and paying attention to my teacher would have been great for my developement as player. Too late :erk:
Yea well it's quite some time I know but the first 3 years were classical and the last 2 years of those I really didn't do anything for it anymore. Almost even quit lessons but really happy afterwards I didn't =p