Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^Yep I think he did.

I'm Dries, I'm 18 and I got to see morbid angel last night:kickass:
Oh, and I play guitar for 4 years.

Fuck you! They never come here! :cry:

Jose, that was a new record for multiquoting I think! :p And Dries, I went on msn the other after accepting your add request, and was like "Who is Dries?!" Hehe! :D

:kickass:

Hey just starting to use reaper now so thought i would record the SPFTD Riff of the week in spirit of the new single :kickass:.
I accidentally clipped the shit like metallica but it's not bad for my first try at it.
I used a "JCM 900" VST for rhythms and some random VST with a nice tube sound for the solo. Recorded the solo on one take as you can probably tell by some horrible unwanted string noise halfway through the solo :p.
Comments about tone would be good since it is my first time (don't mention the clipping :lol:)

SPFTD

Nice tone and nice playing! Good one dude!

Awesome playing Dave! :kickass:
Only bad thing was the not so charming bend at 0:26 :lol:
Great tone!

Tone was good! The keyboard part sounded pretty kick ass as well, how did you do that?

Do you mean the keyboard sound or the tone of the guitar?
Keyboard sound is from the backing tracks Mitch made.
Rhythm is "JCM 900" VST plugin. If anyone wants the plugin just ask me.

Nice tone and nice playing! Good one dude!
Thanks!

Awesome playing Dave! :kickass:
Only bad thing was the not so charming bend at 0:26 :lol:
Great tone!

:lol: I think my finger slipped off but i couldn't be bothered doing it again because i was testing the tones. I might redo it tonight and try and get rid of the clipping as well.

Oh yeah Dave, do you have a youtube account? Cos I'm gonna put your name on the list of contributors on the first post, so it's always handy to have a link!

I have one but i have no videos at all :lol: I mainly use it for favourites.
Here it is:schizodave100

Hey just starting to use reaper now so thought i would record the SPFTD Riff of the week in spirit of the new single :kickass:.
I accidentally clipped the shit like metallica but it's not bad for my first try at it.
I used a "JCM 900" VST for rhythms and some random VST with a nice tube sound for the solo. Recorded the solo on one take as you can probably tell by some horrible unwanted string noise halfway through the solo :p.
Comments about tone would be good since it is my first time (don't mention the clipping :lol:)

SPFTD

The rhythm tone was great! the lead tone could use some tweeking, but that was great for a first recording. looks like we're gonna have another awesome player in this thread :)

btw, I just got reaper too, and when I tested it out, my tone becomes very weird...like a very hollow-ish, reverby sound. but this is only during the actual recording itself. when I play the track back, it plays fine, like the tone I originally set up on my pod (cuz I'm playing thru my pod). Does this happen to you? And does anyone know how I can fix this? It's really annoying.

The rhythm tone was great! the lead tone could use some tweeking, but that was great for a first recording. looks like we're gonna have another awesome player in this thread :)

btw, I just got reaper too, and when I tested it out, my tone becomes very weird...like a very hollow-ish, reverby sound. but this is only during the actual recording itself. when I play the track back, it plays fine, like the tone I originally set up on my pod (cuz I'm playing thru my pod). Does this happen to you? And does anyone know how I can fix this? It's really annoying.

The recorded tone is definitely different to the recording? tone :lol: Mine is slightly hollower as well, it doesn't sound that weird compared to the finished tone though. So not much notable difference.

I don't know but you could try to mute the sound in "gearbox" if you use that. It could solve this because when you record, you hear the sound of your guitar out of your speakers from reaper (or any daw?) and the sound from the guitar from gearbox. I had this with audition. It was a bit louder and reverbish but i'm not sure it's what you described..

The button in gearbox is in the upper right.

I don't use gearbox. I only use the pod xt as the amp simulator, and that is directly connected to my computer via usb. so when I record, it's using the tone that the pod produces. I'll just have to mess around with reaper some more. thanks tho.

Hmm I don't hear a difference actually :p
The lead volume seems at the same level, barely hearable. But awesome playing anyway :rofl: