Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I'll try and get all the recent submissons uploaded, even though no one probably even visits the site.

I visit that soundclick page! I think it's awesome that you keep it up actually. It's nice to look back on how much the members here have done and compare the playing once in a while.

don't take me to serious ;)

... I know that Mitch is a great player but I'm always depressed when I hear that somebodys solo or whatever is better than mine.
and I think you can never play for the wrong reasons. I really enjoy playing guitar but I also enjoy when I can compare my stuff with other ppls stuf and can definitely say that I did a better work on it cause I spent a lot of work in my playing but I'm also pretty arrogant so as I said - don't take me so serious

Mitch and Jose: Thx! Yeah, I really like it to make split screens cause ma aim is to cover like 80% of the Bodom Songs and all Sinergy song with all guitars. (next songs will be: NIL, ETID, Hate me single, LBRH, Downfall, Wake up in hell,...)To bad that every vid is a bit out of sync... :/

... I know that Mitch is a great player but I'm always depressed when I hear that somebodys solo or whatever is better than mine.
and I think you can never play for the wrong reasons. I really enjoy playing guitar but I also enjoy when I can compare my stuff with other ppls stuf and can definitely say that I did a better work on it cause I spent a lot of work in my playing but I'm also pretty arrogant so as I said - don't take me so serious

I get what you mean with the first part, other people being better can be a bit of a downer, but to me it's just a wake up call to keep on playing!

And comparing is good, but it's someone starts to act all high and mighty, as if they are the best, that things get a little bit stupid!

The problem is that I received a point where I don't know what to learn next. I think that I can play nearly every Bodom solo when I practise it enough but I don't know what I should learn next cause I'm the only guitarist in my clique so I have nobody who can teach me something new.

Uh, and I don't think that I'm the best but I know that it sounds like that sometimes but thats just because of my bad express in words in english

well, I think your arrogance definitely shines through most of the time. But I mean, if that's the way you are, then that's the way you are. Everyone has a right to be proud of what they've accomplished, and I guess some people just like to show off a bit more.

And if you feel like you're done learning all the Bodom stuff, then why not move into a new category? Expand your creativity a bit...challenge yourself with some Necrophagist!

OK, now stop discussing how arrogant I'am or whatever. Everbody knows me now.
But I will first record all Bodom and Sinergy songs befor I will start with other bands and I think that I will need a year for all songs. And I don't really like Necrophagist and imo you can't learn anything new when you try to cover their songs. I will not start trying to cover songs from other bands but start learning how to play spanish guitar, folk, blues..etc

well, I think your arrogance definitely shines through most of the time. But I mean, if that's the way you are, then that's the way you are. Everyone has a right to be proud of what they've accomplished, and I guess some people just like to show off a bit more.

And if you feel like you're done learning all the Bodom stuff, then why not move into a new category? Expand your creativity a bit...challenge yourself with some Necrophagist!
Or try The Dillinger Escape Plan!
And yea we'd like to hear a fully clean sweeped (like Muhammed :rofl:) Epitaph from you :D

What do you mean with Epitaph?
What I try to play since one year is the solo from downright dominate but I'm not be able to play it. It's to hard
It's a song of Necrophagist:

Last edited by a moderator:
I visit that soundclick page! I think it's awesome that you keep it up actually. It's nice to look back on how much the members here have done and compare the playing once in a while.

Agreed! I do visiti it quite often to look at old recordings from everyone and when I'm out for some time I just go there instead of browsing through the pages to find everything (you always forget something or find a dead Sendspace link that way :lol:).

@Jose
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I feel so let down!

Don't worry, I think I'm not letting you down now :lol:

Mitch: You're Warheart solo sounds better than mine. I hate you!

don't take me to serious ;)

Mitch and Jose: Thx! Yeah, I really like it to make split screens cause ma aim is to cover like 80% of the Bodom Songs and all Sinergy song with all guitars. (next songs will be: NIL, ETID, Hate me single, LBRH, Downfall, Wake up in hell,...)To bad that every vid is a bit out of sync... :/

You can always look at all the others who did worse :lol: Dunno, I just try to push my limits, but I try not to compare to anyone because then I get frustrated and want to go too fast and fuck up :lol:

And about the covers don't worry, even if they're a bit out of sync at some points they are still top notch covers and that's not easy to find in Youtube, too many chop-less people prettending they can play :lol:

First, sorry for double posting, but I made the other one yesterday and it's not like I'm always doing it :)

Second,

Taste Of My Scythe :kickass:

I changed my tone quite a bit (put treble down from 9 to 3, mids up from 4 to 7 and bass down from 9 to 7, gain remained the same and cab the same 4x12 vintage) and added some weird hall stuff to the leads. I quite like it, tell me what you people think :D

Oh oh Jose what have you done..? I'm afraid we have to ban you for this double post.
:lol:
In the first lead part it somehow sounds to me like your guitar is out of tune.
I think that's not the case with the 2nd lead part and that one also sounds really good to me.
And the distance is back again :erk:

Thanks for all the comments, guys!! And Jose, the rhythm guitar in Warheart during the sweeps is the backing track, that's not me, and I didn't play one during that part so you could hear the lead better.

And I got my new guitar today! :D

r0xttj.jpg

6humgn.jpg

208cgtj.jpg

21orja0.jpg

29wu3bt.jpg

4roiyx.jpg

15kcgp.jpg

975qg8.jpg

^Nice guitar Mitch, how does it play? :lol:

And about the Warheart thing, I thought it afterwards, but why didn't you record the rythm guitars? You could have just turned up the lead a bit or something. Anyway, the lead was perfect and it's true that it stands out and it's easier to get when it doesn't ahve rythm guitars underneath. Great job on it BTW.

Oh oh Jose what have you done..? I'm afraid we have to ban you for this double post.
:lol:
In the first lead part it somehow sounds to me like your guitar is out of tune.
I think that's not the case with the 2nd lead part and that one also sounds really good to me.
And the distance is back again :erk:

The out of tune thing may be for my shit playing, cos I tuned the guitar just before I recorded, so if the tuner is not fucked up it was tuned :lol:

And about the distance, this time I did it on purpose, I think it sounds better. Because with my crappy equipement I can't get such a consistent/wide tone as Alexi has, so the only way I find is getting some chorus or whatever in. It sounds a lil bit weaker but wider, which read makes no sense but I don't know how to explain :lol: It helps if you listen to it with ''normal'' MP3 player/Ipod headphones instead of the big ones, at least with mine. With the big ones dunno if it's because they're not IN your ear as the others it sounds way more loose and distant, but through my speakers and through my normal headphones it sounds quite good, and without the effect sounded quite weak. I can try and record it without it though, and then post it again both with and without the effect. But that will have to wait some time because it's test time next week :erk: