Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Did you record it? Can I hear?:D

I could record it at full speed but I'd have to stop during that REALLY ODD timed pentatonic lick that I can't play up to speed because the pattern confuses the hell outta me.

I can play the first of four solos in Only Ash Remains too, so I could record that also.

Recording of the Week - Mask of Sanity (Interlude - Bars 63 - 74)

*Advanced* Mask of Sanity (Dual Solo - Bars 153 - 160)

I was gonna post the main solo as the advanced part, but I thought there was a lot involved in it, so the dual solo seemed the better option!

Jesus, that is freakin' difficult! :erk:

Hey ! So I've recorded Bed of razors, Follow the reaper and Bodom after midnight but there's no backing track (well the one in my headphones) but it's kinda harder to records drums properly without mics so....my question is : what's a good way to sync up the studio song from Bodom with what I did (What I played is on the click)

thx !

I have a question/problem : why does the upload process on youtube doesn't end ? This next one gonna sound n00b + 1000 but oh well : the blue bar at the bottom of my explorer window is fully loaded but the upload still isn't finished. Any suggestions on how to fix this ? Maybe a video format problem ?

Bed of Razors by me. There are two takes in that video I just didn't want to go stop the camera then come back for another take so they're back to back. (longing for my home studio ! soon...!)
[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=baU7hYwGLNE[/ame]

thx ! the sound quality sucks though....camera + youtube = shit lol. I just can't wait to get new mics and stuff for the studio.....my birthday's in a week so let's hope haha

Hey ! So I've recorded Bed of razors, Follow the reaper and Bodom after midnight but there's no backing track (well the one in my headphones) but it's kinda harder to records drums properly without mics so....my question is : what's a good way to sync up the studio song from Bodom with what I did (What I played is on the click)

thx !

Get something better than Windows Movie Maker. That can have more than one video and audio track. iirc WMM couldn't do that, but anyways it's shit.

Just record like you did, and add the song in the background at low volume.

I have a question/problem : why does the upload process on youtube doesn't end ? This next one gonna sound n00b + 1000 but oh well : the blue bar at the bottom of my explorer window is fully loaded but the upload still isn't finished. Any suggestions on how to fix this ? Maybe a video format problem ?

Not a problem. It's youtube's way of saying "haha we're fucking you in the ass right now, enjoy it ffs"

Just wait, but I think the progress bar should still NOT be full when uploading.

Bed of Razors by me. There are two takes in that video I just didn't want to go stop the camera then come back for another take so they're back to back. (longing for my home studio ! soon...!)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=baU7hYwGLNE

Nice man!

thx ! the sound quality sucks though....camera + youtube = shit lol. I just can't wait to get new mics and stuff for the studio.....my birthday's in a week so let's hope haha

Not really. Just click view in high quality (if you dont see this feature your video already sucks), or put &fmt=18 behind the video url. That makes the video high quality and the audio stereo.

Nice one Mapexdrums! Finally a drum cover. I agree though that the song on a low volume in the background would be a nice addition.

Ok, here's a recording of the Epitaph solo at full speed. My hands are dead today so I can't play it as well as when I posted about it last time, but I can't be bothered practising it atm, so if I record a better version, I'll upload it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvavxn

It's only the solo, and like I said before, I stopped for a lick that I can't play because of the pattern. :mad: