Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Ok, here's a recording of the Epitaph solo at full speed. My hands are dead today so I can't play it as well as when I posted about it last time, but I can't be bothered practising it atm, so if I record a better version, I'll upload it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cvavxn

It's only the solo, and like I said before, I stopped for a lick that I can't play because of the pattern. :mad:

Dude that's some crazy sweeping:kickass:

^nice covers dude! do you play these by ear? or did you actually have to look at a tab?

Thx a lot ! Yeah I have the song playing while I play. I also know it by ear ! For drums, unless there are some precises punches or bass drum patterns, you won't have to write all the beat down on a lead sheet or something. Usually when we (drummers) get to play with a band or an artist we get lead sheets of the songs with punches, tempo changes and some bass patterns so we can follow with the bass drum. Otherwise it's like ``in that part play a half-shuffle beat`` type of thing !

Thx a lot ! Yeah I have the song playing while I play. I also know it by ear ! For drums, unless there are some precises punches or bass drum patterns, you won't have to write all the beat down on a lead sheet or something. Usually when we (drummers) get to play with a band or an artist we get lead sheets of the songs with punches, tempo changes and some bass patterns so we can follow with the bass drum. Otherwise it's like ``in that part play a half-shuffle beat`` type of thing !

ohh I see. good to know.

Nice one, Tim. I was going to do that EXACT one for when I chose them but I thought to do something more different instead.

Here's ROTW #38 - Bodom After Midnight done by me:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kq756u

My speakers are broken so my headphones are directly into the pc so I can't tell what sounds good and what doesn't anymore, but as far as I can tell, the tone on this sucks ass, I hate it.

The mixing is terrible again and so is the playing, I'm really not satisfied with this, but it'll have to do for the time being.

Nice one, Tim. I was going to do that EXACT one for when I chose them but I thought to do something more different instead.

Here's ROTW #38 - Bodom After Midnight done by me:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kq756u

My speakers are broken so my headphones are directly into the pc so I can't tell what sounds good and what doesn't anymore, but as far as I can tell, the tone on this sucks ass, I hate it.

The mixing is terrible again and so is the playing, I'm really not satisfied with this, but it'll have to do for the time being.

Sendspace is being a fucking bitch, but I'm sure it wont be as bad as you say :lol:

I've been to a gig yesterday, now my ears are out of tune:zombie:

:lol::lol::lol: Earplugs FTW.

Fucking Cubase and fucking Angels Don't Kill :lol:

I'm trying the dual interlude, but the motherfucker is hard to nail, I don't know how it will turn out or if it'll actually turn out because of damn Cubase where I can't find the way to record only what comes out of the Toneport and not everything that is sounding through the computer :erk: I think I'm going to have to go back to CEP at least for this one :lol: