Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Thanks a lot Tim! Oh and BTW if you don't mind I'm planing to cover the ending lead of Slow Demise, are you ok with that?

And to everybody else: what's going on in here? Come one, record or post or do something! :lol:

While you decide, I recorded a lil vid for you of the ADK dual solo now that I finally learnt a solo note per note :lol:

(click the link for the HQ and stereo vid :kickass:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot Tim! Oh and BTW if you don't mind I'm planing to cover the ending lead of Slow Demise, are you ok with that?

And to everybody else: what's going on in here? Come one, record or post or do something! :lol:

While you decide, I recorded a lil vid for you of the ADK dual solo now that I finally learnt a solo note per note :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXbvIWjSn4&fmt=18

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!

Especially that legato lick! Holy SHIT!

Did you use the preset I gave you on gearbox?

^Thanks dude! Yeah, I used your preset, only difference is for rythm guitars I crancked up the distortion to full and the lead has compressor and wah on. I don't have time now but I'll screen shot it for you tomorrow if you want it :)

Jose, I'd be honoured :p I might not have got the rhythm of the notes correctly in the tab, but they are all correct notes, so if I was wrong, I'm sure you'd be able to figure it out! :)

Well see what I can do :) BTW if you could send me the BT for the section it'd be great :kickass:

@COCOB: I don't know what happened but dude you play much better now! Congrats and keep on practising!

Thanks a lot man!

You're welcome!

@Steve:

I found your Zoom setting on that site! I recognised you from the name :p I don't think it sounded too good because we have different amps?

I made it a few months ago when I still played on my Marshall... MG15.

Now I play with headphones plugged in the output and I use cab simulation. That's much better! Here is the last one on which I'm still working:

COMP : off
WAH/EFX : bS 3/10/40
ZNR : 9
DRIVE : bG 30/10/94
EQ : -4/11/2
CAB/EXTRA EQ : Cb dy/0
MOD/SFX : off
DELAY : off
REVERB : off
and set the master as you want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsXbvIWjSn4&fmt=18

That was freakin great Jose! I wish I could play that whole thing, but the part I really love starts at 0:33 (in your vid) so hopefully I'll learn starting from there. But honestly, I think you do a better job when you learn these things note for note :p You definitely have built up the speed to do it.

I definitely want to do the last two ROTW's (Bodom after midnight and Angels don't kill) but I was working on this for the past week: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuY61yzNSU&fmt=18[/ame]
and now it's time for midterms at my university, so I don't think I'll be able to touch my guitar until next weekend :( Lots of philosophy papers to write.

You told me you was planning to do it and you did it! It's well played, too bad the leads are out of sync. The slides still need some more worl but the galloping is tight, I like that. And don't be afraid of bends as I said it last time! It'll sound so much better if in pitch (obviously) but also if you show how you like to bend those strings. Bending strings is the coolest thing! :D

Good luck for your midterms!

You told me you was planning to do it and you did it! It's well played, too bad the leads are out of sync. The slides still need some more worl but the galloping is tight, I like that. And don't be afraid of bends as I said it last time! It'll sound so much better if in pitch (obviously) but also if you show how you like to bend those strings. Bending strings is the coolest thing! :D

Good luck for your midterms!
thank you :) I'm in the middle of writing one of the papers right now. and I shall keep working on bends. But I don't understand how the slide could need more work? what do you mean by this exactly?

Twisha, I do believe I love you! Haha! You're quite possibly the most metal girl I know!! Great video and great playing! You've inspired me to learn that song now :)
haha thanks! :kickass:
I hope you do a video of this also! there are very few covers of this song.

That was freakin great Jose! I wish I could play that whole thing, but the part I really love starts at 0:33 (in your vid) so hopefully I'll learn starting from there. But honestly, I think you do a better job when you learn these things note for note :p You definitely have built up the speed to do it.

I definitely want to do the last two ROTW's (Bodom after midnight and Angels don't kill) but I was working on this for the past week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPuY61yzNSU&fmt=18
and now it's time for midterms at my university, so I don't think I'll be able to touch my guitar until next weekend :( Lots of philosophy papers to write.

Thanks! I do prefer to learn the things note by note because I'm not such a good improviser and also it's hard to come up with something that sounds better than what Alexi himself played in the albums, but sometimes it's just either too fast or too tricky to learn so I just change it in behalf of my poor brain :lol:

Great job on the cover, tight playing! Only thing is that I would have set the guitars a bit louder, but still good job :kickass: Good luck with ADK and BAM. From ADK I'd advise doing both parts cos the first one is quite easy compared to the second and also it's really cool to play, so it kind of warms you up for the ''big thing'' which is the 2nd part. The 1st one it's just the same structure repeated 4 times and moved 1 fret up the 2 last times (I did the legato thing Alexi does live in my vid, but the original doesn't have it).

Jose, sweet video dude. And I have always liked that red RR24 the best out of the three. I don't understand why more people don't have that version :p

Twisha, your video rawks! :) Although I agree with Jose it would be nice to hear your guitar a bit louder. But srsly, Black Widow is one of the least covered songs for how good it is!

Thanks! I do prefer to learn the things note by note because I'm not such a good improviser and also it's hard to come up with something that sounds better than what Alexi himself played in the albums, but sometimes it's just either too fast or too tricky to learn so I just change it in behalf of my poor brain :lol:

Great job on the cover, tight playing! Only thing is that I would have set the guitars a bit louder, but still good job :kickass: Good luck with ADK and BAM. From ADK I'd advise doing both parts cos the first one is quite easy compared to the second and also it's really cool to play, so it kind of warms you up for the ''big thing'' which is the 2nd part. The 1st one it's just the same structure repeated 4 times and moved 1 fret up the 2 last times (I did the legato thing Alexi does live in my vid, but the original doesn't have it).
yeah, after listening to it you jootube, I do wish I had put the BT lower :( The keyboards really overpower the guitars on a couple of sections. (I could redo the mix tho, since I have all the tracks separated)
about ADK, you're right that first section doesn't seem too hard. But still, that 2nd part just kills me when I hear the album version! I love that harmony so much, it's unexplainable, lol.

Jose, sweet video dude. And I have always liked that red RR24 the best out of the three. I don't understand why more people don't have that version :p

Twisha, your video rawks! :) Although I agree with Jose it would be nice to hear your guitar a bit louder. But srsly, Black Widow is one of the least covered songs for how good it is!
thanks Michael! I agree with all 3 points btw,
-Jose's RR24 is the coolest of 'em all.
-My guitar should've been louder.
-And Black Widow is such a kickass song, it's a shame it doesn't get as much attention.

Yeah I agree the harmony is really cool, but since the first part is not that hard maybe is good for you too to learn the first part too as a warm up. That's what I did at least, and it's definitely way easier than it seems :) Not the 2nd part, that one is a bit harder :lol:

But I don't understand how the slide could need more work? what do you mean by this exactly?

slidesoc2.png

You play galloping patterns well on one string (verse) but here it's the same pattern but it isn't as tight. That's why I said you should still work on sliding on that pattern. I had to find something you could improve. :p

Hey guys I covered Hate Me! last night :D

Reviews/comments please? Thanks :3

Click the link for high quality :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZccpDA6ShM&fmt=18[/ame]