Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Hi, becouse it's my first post in UMF i must say " Hello " :) so.. i learn new solo.. from LBRH ... just comment ... ;)

Peace :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Joonas : The chorus and the part just after sound (a few notes in both) off-key to me. Otherwise it's well played!

@ Roszczyn : Such a nice first post haha! Nothing to say!

Ok, thnx. I learned it by a tab that apparently had mistakes in it, cuz I didn't hit wrong notes on that. I could do nothing without tabs so my playing depends on them, and I can't play solos, maybe some fast parts but not solos. Also learned half of that on guitar. But it's all for fun, I'm not a serious player.

Are your videos on Youtube as big as my videos are now? Whenever I click on some of my videos they're much bigger now - nearly full screnn- but then I've clicked on a random vid and it is in normals size....

I wish I had started with guitar at the age of 6 instead of playing piano... :/

I wish I had played anything before I was an adult. I didn't start playing guitar till I was 20 and I had no previous musical experience before hand. Considering that, and that I have to work so I can't practice like a kid can, I think I'm doing okay. But still, I'm wayyy behind. =(

I wish I had played anything before I was an adult. I didn't start playing guitar till I was 20 and I had no previous musical experience before hand. Considering that, and that I have to work so I can't practice like a kid can, I think I'm doing okay. But still, I'm wayyy behind. =(

I know exactly how you feel. but it's all about the discipline. just keep it at and one day we'll be as good as the people who had the advantage of starting earlier.

Are your videos on Youtube as big as my videos are now? Whenever I click on some of my videos they're much bigger now - nearly full screnn- but then I've clicked on a random vid and it is in normals size....

Thats the HQ button which makes the video bigger,their only available on high quality videos and good to see you changed back to the old profile layout, those new youtube profile layouts are balls

Haven't posted for a while, thought I might drop by.
Here's me and my classmates doing a cover of Kissing the Shadows for our final school performance. You can't hear the keys very well, but he was tearin' it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to gear another Arcane's cover.Long time since you've done your last one.
I'm looking forward to seeing the vid :)

This time it is just an mp3 version without a video. Btw: I'm ready! Hope you like it a bit! The audio quality of the instruments is not the best cause all are made with fruity loops (except the distortion guitar) so I equalized all other instruments as good as I could with adobe audition. Here's the mp3 as download: http://rapidshare.com/files/280496005/Youtube_Hate_me.wmv

and the Youtube link

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u_xLPTiAu0&feature=channel_page[/ame]

@guardian

it sounds nice but the audio quality isn't really good but it seems to be really good! :headbang:

Fun stuff =)) Now, to get together all the people to record the thing with live sounds :loco:

BTW, (I'm sure there's been shitload of people with random questions like this so flame me all you want), how do you guys set up for such good distorted sound quality? What do you use, what settings, etc? I've gotten a Digitech RP255 multieffects for my violin, but just can't a sound that's at least wouldn't make people's ears bleed. Any suggestions?