Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Well, it's just that I don't have even a slightest idea of how effects work and what would be the common settings. I manage to get decent sound that'd work for punk or NWOBHM, but just not anything like melodeath or black - a lot grittier than I want. Been fiddling around for ages - either get good lows and poor highs, or vise versa. I AM using a pretty cheap acoustic guitar amp (just cause they say regular electric guitar amps sound horrible for v.), so I'm not expecting WONDERS or anything, but it'd help if anyone gave suggestions on how you work it out, especially with multieffect boxes.

hey guys! I just want say that I recived a message from a guy who would like to have a copy of the sheet music of my Hate me orchestral version because he would like to play his school symphony orchestra it. it will be video recorded mid 2010 for a mid year concert and he would send me a copy of the DVD. I think this is cool :)

It actually is. Congrats Arcane, and don't forget to share at least a couple of vids on YouTube when it's done, we'll sure like to hear that. BTW, what happened to that cover you were going to make of one of the new covers from SITC?

I'm still working on it but I have to finish another cover with Nappero before I will do or upload a cover. I'm not sure which cover I will do but I think either Aces High or Antisocial. But let's see when I have the time for it. I have to work a lot at the moment and I'm not sure if my next will cover will be a COB one or from another band. I know that I've said that I will make a cover of every COB and SInergy song but I'm a bit bored atm of playing Alexi 24/7... :)

I was thinking of doing some covers of pop songs, playing the vocals on guitar instead of COB 24/7...:lol:

Either that or Hell Is For Children.

hey guys! I just want say that I recived a message from a guy who would like to have a copy of the sheet music of my Hate me orchestral version because he would like to play his school symphony orchestra it. it will be video recorded mid 2010 for a mid year concert and he would send me a copy of the DVD. I think this is cool :)

LOL, hard to believe a school orchestra would do a CoB song. Imagine the audience's faces when they announce it ^____^

Well, at least they aren't doing Necrophagist or sth. Anyhow, congrats, Arcane. :kickass:

Hallo bodombeachterror666,

Dein Video Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows beinhaltet unter Umständen Content, dessen Eigentümer oder Lizenzgeber UMG ist.

Du musst keine Maßnahmen ergreifen. Wenn dich jedoch interessiert, inwiefern sich dies auf dein Video auswirkt, findest du entsprechende Informationen im Abschnitt zu Video-ID-Treffern deines Kontos.

Sincerely,
Das YouTube-Team

Dein Video Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows beinhaltet unter Umständen Content, dessen Eigentümer oder Lizenzgeber UMG ist.

Du musst keine Maßnahmen ergreifen. Wenn dich jedoch interessiert, inwiefern sich dies auf dein Video auswirkt, findest du entsprechende Informationen im Abschnitt zu Video-ID-Treffern deines Kontos.

Sincerely,
Das YouTube-Team

Does that mean that becuase you played over the song, they're doing you for copywrite? Loads of crap that is, YouTube really is run by a bunch of cunts.

Does that mean that becuase you played over the song, they're doing you for copywrite? Loads of crap that is, YouTube really is run by a bunch of cunts.

Yeah their fucking retards, they think that we make money off covering songs and it takes away from their sales but in retrospect we are promoting bands. The copyright claims are bullshit aswell, guitar world deleted a dforce one I had up even though it had nothing to do with them:mad:

Can you translate that Arcane, I've forgotten all my German since the leaving cert

Sincerely,
Das YouTube-Team

:mad::mad::mad:
Diese youtube Idioten...

Sincerely,
Das YouTube-Team

Hello bodombeachterror666,

Your video Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows possibly contains content which owner or licenser is UMG (probably universal music).

You don't have to take any actions. But if you're interested in what way this could have an effect on your video you can find informations in your video-ID section of your account.

I hope this is the correct translation...

SO when I click on this video-ID button their is a message from YouTube which says: Your video bla bla contains content which owner or licensor is UMG (so without the possibly). Wait for possibilities you can do.
So I think I have to delete it otherwise they will delete my account.
Maybe playing is too good in this video :lol: