Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

My First try for " Transference ", The solo is sloppy I know, didn't practice enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHOvkFahEs

u did nice, i have done cover were solo is done good but the part before solo sucks :p i have to practice string skipping on the lower notes more...since i suck at it + my amp makes most PM's very dampened/not aggressive, they sound muffled

learned song + practiced in 1,5 hour before i recorded this, as i said i suck at the stuff before the solo, working on it, intro forgive me, dog was where shouldnt be and distracted me :rofl:

here is the vid,

a few days of practice will ge tthe errors out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Well, that song isn't very hard. I think I practised it around one hour or so. The most difficult thing for me was the pre solo and to be honest - the intro. I had some big problems to remember the correct bars for the intro.

As always, great job! I was impressed by the tone too it was pretty good. I think it's pretty badass you do the entire song in one take for each guitar, it shows off how clean you really play and your confidence in your playing abilities. Can't wait to see if you cover any others from the album.

Nice job, this is somehow more enjoyable to me, maybe it was I didn't like the whole thrashiness of the RRF type stuff. Does this appear more sexy to play than RRF?

And what comes to the music, it's really looking like Alexi remembered what Bodom was all about. Especially the part starting after 3:30 is confirmation to me he knows how to make death metal sound sexy and electric again. Like the orchestral hit section in Halo of Blood. I'm so pumped to hear the rest of the album, and we've only heard 2 songs... 8 to go, and that's a shitload of Bodom songs. I pray they can maintain this level.

Nice job, this is somehow more enjoyable to me, maybe it was I didn't like the whole thrashiness of the RRF type stuff. Does this appear more sexy to play than RRF?
Not really. It's a cool song and I like it that's why I covered it. But it's very untypical for Bodom. That's the second song I've heard from HoB and both songs are more or less just a mix simple chords. Even on SW they had more technical songs...:guh: But as long as it sounds good, I'm fine with it but I really hope that at least half of the songs are techincal-wise as great as RRF.
As always, great job! I was impressed by the tone too it was pretty good. I think it's pretty badass you do the entire song in one take for each guitar, it shows off how clean you really play and your confidence in your playing abilities. Can't wait to see if you cover any others from the album.
Thank you! Well it all depents on how they sound. If I like them, more cover will come. If not - not :)

Not bad for his age but still many many wrong notes and partly sloppy as fuck. But I can't remember that I've ever seen any guy in that age who plays metal guitar and drums (and maybe keys?).