Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

197717_608965639113478_630206843_n.jpg

Beethoven a moron, LOL.

You're taking the term hate crew way too literally man.

...and partly sloppy as fuck.

Why the hell would you say that to a kid whose hands are probably less than half the size of yours, and who discovered Children Of Bodom only a year ago?

Not bad for his age

You have a firm grasp of the obvious!

I went back a couple of pages to look for a video I had posted before, and read this outrageous comment:

Well, despite the fact that you both look like extremely ugly emo kids...

What the hell?! Since when is metal about the way you look? Is this some sort of religious cult, where you better look "metal" or else... Music, and metal in particular, is about INDIVIDUALITY, about nonconformity! And here you are, trying to shame them into a certain mold. And calling them "extremely ugly". Why?!

Those kids didn't look "emo" at all. They simply didn't have long hair (yet?). Big deal! Their hair will grow, but in all likeliness you will remain an insensitive prick for the rest of your life, because such habits are very hard to change.

I'm amazed that you were not reprimanded or warned by any of the admins of this forum. Lots of teenagers have already killed themselves because of cyber-bullying, and here you are, posting one nasty comment after the other. These kids are not characters in some video game that you can just shoot down to feel better about yourself; they're human beings!

From where this harsh nature of yours? Were you shamed like that by your father or other adults in your life? No healthy male role models around? If so, get help before you seriously hurt someone. And don't have any children until you've learned the art of encouraging young people to excell in what they do, in what they are PASSIONATE about.

Constructive feedback, that's what any person who posts a video here needs, not insults.

He's not the best player but and he still needs to learn a lot (especially the lead parts which are horrible) but - OMG!1!!!11 - he's just 11 years old. So respect for his actual skills.

Yes, I'm aware that you also give "compliments" now and then (generally of the obvious kind), but please, think a bit deeper before you write ANYTHING negative about others, especially children and teenagers.

Here's a cool, constructive comment that was posted by another forum member, in response to the same video (Thaddie's first major live performance, at the same venue where COB performed in 2009):

Damn, I love this kid, I bet he's glad for having discovered Bodom.

Still, why so many great players in the world, who can't make interesting music themselves?

Actually, Thaddie IS composing his own riffs and solos (and drum rhythms), and when covering songs he likes to improvise. But he doesn't want me to record and upload any of that because he doesn't feel confident about his skills yet.

Thaddie doesn't limit himself to covering COB songs. He likes Slayer, Opeth and lots of other bands. Invariably he's gonna develop his own unique style. He's incredibly intelligent too.

Any intuitive person and TRUE music lover can perceive that this kid is going to be an extraordinary artist. Yes, I'll certainly have the last laugh in this matter.

http://www.facebook.com/ThaddieVerploegh

What the hell?! Since when is metal about the way you look? Is this some sort of religious cult, where you better look "metal" or else... Music, and metal in particular, is about INDIVIDUALITY, about nonconformity! And here you are, trying to shame them into a certain mold. And calling them "extremely ugly". Why?!

Those kids didn't look "emo" at all. They simply didn't have long hair (yet?). Big deal! Their hair will grow, but in all likeliness you will remain an insensitive prick for the rest of your life, because such habits are very hard to change.

I'm amazed that you were not reprimanded or warned by any of the admins of this forum. Lots of teenagers have already killed themselves because of cyber-bullying, and here you are, posting one nasty comment after the other. These kids are not characters in some video game that you can just shoot down to feel better about yourself; they're human beings!

From where this harsh nature of yours? Were you shamed like that by your father or other adults in your life? No healthy male role models around? If so, get help before you seriously hurt someone. And don't have any children until you've learned the art of encouraging young people to excell in what they do, in what they are PASSIONATE about.

Constructive feedback, that's what any person who posts a video here needs, not insults.

Ravi, look man, you're probably a nice guy and all but you came to the wrong place for what you're looking for. This forum is full of trolls. You can't take anything to heart here, and it's better to ignore anything you don't appreciate because everyone is pretty locked-into their views. You're far too serious and sensitive for this forum... best leave and not look back if you value your sanity.

My opinion?

Great that the kid has found COB at a young age. COB's music is very unique and challenging, so it will be a great influence. However, you cannot say for sure that anyone will be an extraordinary artist. For one, making good music is incredibly difficult. Very, very few people have the ability to CREATE great music. There are millions and millions of great players, but something like the 1% of the 1% have this ability. Secondly, children learn quickly, so videos of them doing things decently has become pretty common. Even the videos out there of kids performing at a professional level are becoming a commodity because of the internet.

One other thing that bothered me... you have to expect comments on people's appearance on youtube VIDEOS. If it were strictly about music, you'd post an mp3 somewhere. Just like how you're fishing for comments by posting videos of a child.

Yes, I'm aware that you also give "compliments" now and then (generally of the obvious kind), but please, think a bit deeper before you write ANYTHING negative about others, especially children and teenagers.

Actually, Thaddie IS composing his own riffs and solos (and drum rhythms), and when covering songs he likes to improvise. But he doesn't want me to record and upload any of that because he doesn't feel confident about his skills yet.

Thaddie doesn't limit himself to covering COB songs. He likes Slayer, Opeth and lots of other bands. Invariably he's gonna develop his own unique style. He's incredibly intelligent too.

Any intuitive person and TRUE music lover can perceive that this kid is going to be an extraordinary artist. Yes, I'll certainly have the last laugh in this matter.

http://www.facebook.com/ThaddieVerploegh

You know....parenthood makes you a douche lol

dont come to the internet without being armored against ur mother being done by everyone and u being the worst and ugliest guy out there.
kid got talent....but since he was kept away from social media and stuff he wont be a big deal ever...he is handicapped for this era...
so his guitar skills added what his social life and general intellect has lost.

srry to break that to you.

And as far as Covering Bodom goes...Arcane and Mitch are the word.
if u havent seen them playing yet u shouldnt critize their comments. and dont post a vid of ur kid here if u cant take it BEING critized by them

Nothing is more intolerable than to have to admit to yourself your own errors. ~ Beethoven

Jesus fuckin christ, shut the fuck up. I didn't even bother reading the rest of your comment. It's true, Arcane is a dickwad and a nazi ( :lol: ) , but what the fuck are you saying, man? Who the fuck killed himself over a comment "lol u suck"? The internet is not for people with weak mentality. If you see that people are talking shit to you and you're getting butthurt over a comment, then you should know better not to go online back to the same place. This ain't real life, it's not school, it's not necessary to come online every day. If your feelings are hurt on the internet, then that's bad for you. You shouldn't take everything to heart, because when you shut down your PC or whatever the fuck you're using, in the end of the day all those comments from random people don't really mean anything. They have no part in your personal life, they don't make a difference.

Ravi, look man, you're probably a nice guy and all but you came to the wrong place for what you're looking for. This forum is full of trolls. You can't take anything to heart here, and it's better to ignore anything you don't appreciate because everyone is pretty locked-into their views. You're far too serious and sensitive for this forum... best leave and not look back if you value your sanity.

Appreciated.

Secondly, children learn quickly, so videos of them doing things decently has become pretty common. Even the videos out there of kids performing at a professional level are becoming a commodity because of the internet.

Yes, I did consider that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and you guys have fun here. Whatever floats your boat.

Hey folks! Been a while since I last posted something here, do rip it apart please :D

Last edited by a moderator:
For the intro I'd say forget the octave and just play the higher note. Also what might sound cool is doing a vibrato for the second and forth note on the intro

He's incredibly intelligent too.

He has to be intelligent to play Bodom solos by ear at 11, end of fucking story. Sure our brains are super computers and we only use a portion of their capacity, each individual is more drawn to certain areas of the brain.

The true difficulty and the cheapest way to improve the life is however to keep the eyes open for life's possibilities. Don't waste your time for getting hurt over internet critique, the same time you could use chilling on a lakeshore eating plums.

And yes, the world has so many great instrument players out there, but how many can write as catchy music like Laiho? Creativity is a phenomenon of the brain, playing skills is just motoric techniques after all (to which some are more inclined to than others).