Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I've told you guys a few times before and also said on my YT channel that my aim is to show people how to play every guitar part. That's why I try to play every note 1:1. I couldn'd care less about statements that I don't play with passion or feeling. That's ridiculous for me and proved me right about some peoples ridiculous and childish attitude.
I'm an advanced guitar player and ripped my ass off to make accurate tabs for you guys in my spare freetime, record covers as good as I can without any wrong notes and a good guitar tone, just to help young guitarists how to play Bodom and then some fags pop in and tell me it's not worth watching my covers because I don't play with feeling AND I play a song 1:1.
I'll tell you what: There's a huge difference if some's playing his own songs live on stage with a big crowd in front of himself or if someone's a bedroom guitarist - like me - who only plays just for fun.

@muffinformyrat: Wait until there are some covers out of that song on YT, ask one of your friends to download 5 of them and then just listen to them (without watching the video) and then tell me if you rather prefer a cover like mine or maybe another one. Because then you can't see if somebody's playing with feeling or not.
And: I always encourage younger people to be better and practise more on guitar. But when somebody's doing mistakes, doesn't play clean, plays sloppy, I don't care how old he is. When someone's playing sloppy, he plays sloppy. Age or short fingers are not an excuse for it. Live with it or leave.

And this: "I don't like watching cover like arcane is doing, it's too close to the original, there's no point listening to it." Wtf?!? Do you want to tell me that my cover is bad because it's *cough* too perfect?

@srob: I'm not a nazi. But I agree with you. And thank you!

@ Joonas: I totally see your point about covers with a different tone or some improvisations and I respect you for your opinion, because you criticise me for being not so much individual, but you also see how much work it was for me to play how I play yet and accept that my focus lies more on an technical aspect.

@ Inceptionist: I totally agree with you. Some songs - especially HOB or Transference don't give you that much room for improvisations and nearly all improvisations in Bodom covers I've seen so far are worse than the original song.

I don't like your cover, I repeat: It feels empty to me when I listen to it. This is the way it is, we all perceive music differently.

And yes I still beleive that for a 11 kid (Don't be jealous) it's impressive and he deserve to be encouraged, he is at young age, normal to do mistakes; Joe Robinson succeeded because of Tommy Emmanuel support for exemple.
In music world there isn't any "best guitar player" music is higher than that, It's not a sport... I don't understand these stupid cover competion thing you are talking about.

Can't you accept the fact that your cover dosen't give me any kind of emmotions? I remember some Warheart (the author of the Tab's thread) covers, when I was listenning to his playing, it felt great, but you, nothing. Glad other people like your work tho.

Anyway I'm talking to someone who said that Ludwig van Beethoven was a morron, even if it was a joke, it shows your degree of intelligence ...

I don't like your cover, I repeat: It feels empty to me when I listen to it. This is the way it is, we all perceive music differently.

And yes I still beleive that for a 11 kid (Don't be jealous) it's impressive and he deserve to be encouraged, he is at young age, normal to do mistakes; Joe Robinson succeeded because of Tommy Emmanuel support for exemple.
In music world there isn't any "best guitar player" music is higher than that, It's not a sport... I don't understand these stupid cover competion thing you are talking about.

Can't you accept the fact that your cover dosen't give me any kind of emmotions? I remember some Warheart (the author of the Tab's thread) covers, when I was listenning to his playing, it felt great, but you, nothing. Glad other people like your work tho.

Anyway I'm talking to someone who said that Ludwig van Beethoven was a morron, even if it was a joke, it shows your degree of intelligence ...

Oh Child, just stop it and drop it...
Obviously u arent a musician urself
And ur just rippin on him bcuz hee critizised ur kid.
And sayin u feel stuff on mitch's (warheart) playing and not arcane's is like saying u like m&m's but not the green ones lol

Everyone here is just popcorning ur silly comments

Arcane, dont get fed up by this obvious over-supportive, if not pushing, parent

So I am a child then I'm his parents ?
1-I'm a musician, and a better one than you, at least for the guitar part :)
2-His arrogance is just annoying me. He is just thinking he is above him when he is not.
3-They are playing completly diffrently ... if you can't hear it, quit guitar.
There much more passion in his playing than Arcane.
... But whatever

Okay the whole thing I'm trying to say is: Arcane sounds like GP5 RSE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you mean, cuz I love watching covers where you can see the person loves it, but like Arcane said he's just trying to help people learn. If he were to change some spots up people would get the wrong idea of how to play things. There's no doubt about his playing abilities being good, so I'm sure he can play with more passion/improvise here and there, but that isn't why he does his. He does them for 100% accuracy, and does that well. While it might seem bland to you, maybe he gets satisfaction from playing perfectly. Just like how some people see improvisations as bland.

Hello guys, check out my Transference solo cover here \m/
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQTVxQ2SNk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I was mainly disturbed by his comment about some other forum members: "Well, despite the fact that you both look like extremely ugly emo kids..."

His comments about 11-year-old Thaddie weren't that negative, although I did think they were rather obvious: we KNOW his solos were not played perfectly ("sloppy"), particularly during the live performance. And we also know he still has a LOT to learn.

The most recent videos I posted were all recorded in one take. Thaddie doesn't want to do multiple recordings of the same song, even if he made a small mistake. So yes, these covers are not perfect covers. The videos were not created with this particular forum thread in mind. (Indeed, the compilation video was created specifically for people who are not familiar with COB, and that video already got 1125 views 12 days after uploading it.)

I posted the first videos to amuse you, not to impress you. Well, of course it's impressive given that he's so young and got into COB less than a year ago. But my main motivation was to make you smile and think "look at that!" (And that applies to the drumming even more: he started playing blast beats only two months ago. And he only practices in the weekends, every now and then.)

So when Arcane first commented that the solo (of the December live performance) wasn't perfect, I chuckled, because that was so obvious.

But when I then read that comment about the "ugly emo kids", I felt I had to say something about his attitude here. Feedback is great, but do present it in a way that's useful (be specific!) and doesn't discourage or hurt anyone.

I personally don't mind if Arcane's covers are robotic. I appreciate what he's doing (and I'm sure Thaddie does too). Even to play a "robotic" cover you need passion, and it's clear Arcane is passionate about COB and guitar playing in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever. Watch my covers if you like them or shut the fuck off if you think they are robotic, without passion, FEELINGS and emotion. I don't care.
And don't take things too personal. I know internet it serious business but nothing makes you more look like a moron when you constantly take things personal and cry about every post of me or anybody else which isn't as polite as you know it from your mom.

So I am a child then I'm his parents ?
2-His arrogance is just annoying me. He is just thinking he is above him when he is not.
3-They are playing completly diffrently ... if you can't hear it, quit guitar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMlmHZoio9A There much more passion in his playing than Arcane.
... But whatever

Okay the whole thing I'm trying to say is: Arcane sounds like GP5 RSE.

First time child is mentioned it was directed at your mental state and way of dealing with critique from obviously better players then you. Thought i'd make that clear for you since you couldny understand it before...and ur right...what was i thinking to expect something clever from you

On the child matter again, thank you for pointing out that it was justified, with ur comment on my playing(which is obviously better then yours)

Again u credit the blue M&M but not the green one (warheart - arcane thing in case u didnt understand that either) :D

I always found your playing soulless, too much robotic. There is nothing personnal in your cover, I always wonder why everyone is so impressed by your playing. Even that kid has more passion than you. :/

well, I guess you know that there are different kind of covers. 1) Covers artist do to remodel a song and 2) covers people make just to show how it is played, just to show their abilities or to show their fondness of that song. Youtube made it possible to upload anything - so these "covers" or "playalongs" are maybe not the most creative thing but I dont see any reason not to upload stuff like that. There is far worse out there.
And mr roboter is obviously not even trying to sound different or put something else in it, so why search for it if its not intended.

About the robotic thing:
just like a lot of the (technical) metal guitarist play :fu:
I'm not a fan of it either, but I understand and respect the approach. That kid tried to play like that, too btw.

I didn't like the way Arcane talked about that kid.

that's the point.

Encouraging the younger generetion would be better, espacially this kid, he is gifted.

yes, it is important to encourage but that doesnt mean that you shouldnt criticise anything. I'm repeating myself but: I see why you are impressed by that kid but he's being a bit hyped. Some people even that his drumming was TOTALLY AWESOME, when it wasnt just that great (or really bad, even for an 11 year old).

When I cover something I try to arrange it, make it in my own way, it's much more fun and entertaining for the viewer.
I don't like watching cover like arcane is doing, it's too close to the original, there's no point listening to it.

That's great, I like being entertained - link?

I don't like watching cover like arcane is doing, it's too close to the original, there's no point listening to it.

then just dont watch it?

its about watching people play it. It has nothing to do with "art" or creating something knew, you obviously don't understand that. Also, who put you in the position to say that it is pointless?

2-His arrogance is just annoying me.

:lol:

That tone suits the song really well. But it's insulting to Sinergy that you don't play with enough feeling and passion...like, well, a robot!!!111

Well, amazing cover as always!