Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Thanks! I agree with Arcane, and especially that part just before final chorus hasn't keyboards at all. I tried to pick the original keyboard parts and play just them, it's kinda boring sometimes.

Me playing transference, not the best quality but it's the best this camera could do. A couple fuck ups but not too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Inceptionist: Really good cover - just yourself a fucking effects processor or DI box :D

That fat guy plays awesome!

MrMan: Really tight cover and clean playing! Awesome playing! What kind of guitar is this? Pretty ugly but seems to play really good :)

Thanks man!

It's a Parker Fly, they're really nice guitars, probably the nicest I've ever played. Very light (~4 lbs.), great neck, carbon glass fretboard + stainless steel frets make it feel super smooth under your fingers. Very versatile too. I've always thought they were ugly but I can't argue with the quality.

I go the other way too, I've bought some old 80s and 90s guitars off eBay that have crap bridges and crap pickups and really worn frets just because they look awesome. Or awful depending on your taste :D

I use really light strings, I normally use 8s and 9s in E and 10s in D, sometimes I'll use 9s in D too. For that vid I used 9s which kinda sucked since it's in drop C, hard to keep the low C in tune. I didn't feel like tuning one of my Floyd guitars to drop C though and all my non-locking guitars are in E.

I go the other way too, I've bought some old 80s and 90s guitars off eBay that have crap bridges and crap pickups and really worn frets just because they look awesome. Or awful depending on your taste :D

I use really light strings, I normally use 8s and 9s in E and 10s in D, sometimes I'll use 9s in D too. For that vid I used 9s which kinda sucked since it's in drop C, hard to keep the low C in tune. I didn't feel like tuning one of my Floyd guitars to drop C though and all my non-locking guitars are in E.

I hear ya lol

I keep my RR24 in D..forever
I'd use my Kevin Bond Sig for other tunings, since its easier to tune + i have done the monkey task of perfectly balancing, aligning my OFR AND the saddles!
so its perfectly level and taking other strings/tunings would be alot of work to get that good again :rofl:

Solo was alright but you can't really tell. Making a cover over the actual song is pointless. Can't really hear the tone and playing well at all in most videos unless the track is VERY quiet.

The "backingtrack" is too loud, but even then you can kinda hear he's not playing as tight as the original.
Still 40 000 views, lol.

My cover of Warheart. Sync is pretty fucked up time to time but couldn't do better with Windows movie maker.

Last edited by a moderator: