Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Kissing the Shadows, too hard to play all the way through without fucking up majorly and also fuck the sweep section

Nice cover man, mixed "good" so we can hear your playing clearly, no bs "covering" tactics applied. Why is it that people have trouble in so many different spots in this song but generally not in the same ones, for instance I can do the sweeps just fine, but not that tapping slide thing.

Also I just can't get the main melody down proper.

P.S.
Is that an ESP or Jackson guitar?

Thanks a lot dude, yeah I try to make the CD track way lower than mine because otherwise I don't see much of a point. There's a bunch of different tricky parts in this song IMO, both main melodies are easy to fumble up. The tap slide thing is one of the easier parts for me but the sweeps are a bitch because they're so damn fast.

The guitar is actually a Vester, some no-name brand from the early 90s that was only around for a couple years before Fender threatened to sue them.

For sure it sounds shit, first off the keys are too loud (and slow release) compared to the guitar. There's not many new covers popping up.

For sure it sounds shit, first off the keys are too loud (and slow release) compared to the guitar. There's not many new covers popping up.

If i had a good camera i'd do some covers. Since i have the line6 ux2 now which greatly improved my sound.

A fine cover, he only misses the orchestral hit. I think you need to be careful with pitch bends on keyboard to not sound cheesy (referring to the last chorus). They work only on special situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are all the new Bodom covers? Nothing's come up in months. There's still not one good cover of Knuckleduster. The big problem must the getting proper recording devices and knowledge. I'm not listening to covers with horrible sound quality. There needs to be exploding power and brightness, why record a cover otherwise? Many of the covers sound like hitting the strings with the amp turned off and music coming from laptop speaker...

Not the best tone - a littlebit tinny but playing-wise there's not a single wrong note in it.

Ah. My choice of words was wrong. Indeed the playing in this cover is flawless. Sound-wise it's the same as the original. I just try to find something that sounds different from the original in an interesting way.

Check out my cover of Damage Beyond Repair! Thanks! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNhl7lwYg9A

That one was pretty flawless! You should definitely think of buying an effects processor to get a better recording tone!

Btw...

Here's a cover of me playing the Warheart solo. It's just recorded with my mobile phone and there are two wrong notes in it but I think its ok.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8RFpBHAt4I&feature=c4-overview&list=UUiqdBALEqxnf-sbyo_BITGw[/ame]