Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I'm serious that song Punch Me I Bleed could be just as great as Everytime or Angels if it was given proper attention in the studio. The atmosphere is incredible; sheer versatile heaviness mixed with mysterious and haunting melodies. I want a remake with impeccable care to detail to capture the feeling, asap...

This intro in particular is single-handedly the most atmospheric thing Bodom ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1pnPvQt-UU

How could they afford to not perfect this song? It just doesn't have that magic on the studio record that it does on the live display and many covers.

COB are too conservative when it comes to the setlist. How can there be new shining diamonds when they don't give them a proper chance live... If fans are not jumping so much on a song it doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't attract fans widely. Mostly the fans who jump and wave their hands are the younger ones. An older fan can dig it even more and do nothing but admire.

What I'm saying is this song could replace AYDY at times... But I understand it's so hard to include rare songs now cos so many gems need to be played. Everybody has their preferences...

I mean the shit when the keyboards start. Maybe the first riff derives from Pantera, but Pantera are bullshit and could never write creative music. It's like saying the credit of inventing telescopes that stare far into the cosmos should go to the person who invited the first ever lens. ETID and BfH have distinct melodies but I would call PMIB (potentially) more atmospheric.

I always loved the One Day You Will Cry intro, although it could use some more complicated stuff like harmonized bass.

Hey Arcane,

what happends if you plug in the output of an GP-1000 preamp into the input of an UX1 ? or in the combination GP-1000 to SP-1000 to an UX1

is it even possible to go from guitar amps to the UX1 ?

tnx man :)

As far as I know it's not possible, because the UX1 is an USB interface which only works with PC/Mac + Pod Farm. And which kinda sense would that make? Even if it would be possible, the only thing you can use then is one of the effects in Pod Farm because amp simulations wouldn't work then when you use the gp-1000