Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Good job. I think this song would be better if the chorus vocals were left completely out on the the 2nd occasion, thus making 2:34 - 4:14 completely instrumental before returning to the chorus with vocals on the 3rd occasion as in 1st, except the 3rd should be spoken to cool down the supposed ballad and support that 'trancic' feel of the intro. The chorus guitar composion is sort of interesting but it's absolutely buried under the horrendous singing section. So 1st chorus screaming, 2nd mute, 3rd spoken.

That would sound boring. I like it when they did it like in SKO and AT, when they play the chorus parts without vocals at first. Especially in AT when there's an increase of instruments.

Yeah, it could make it a skip-over track. The chorus just doesn't work out exciting enough for the song to be included in live set any further. It's like a zombie love chorus.

The chorus in that song is just awesome, I love the octave melody going on there

Yeah. Have you heard the Russian military song / Downfall combo? Nothing else interesting lately. It seems Bodom has disappeared and no-one's interested anymore.

I made a cover on Chokehold, very fun song to play! for some reason it doesnt quite want to work when watching on a phone.. so as long as you are on a computer you will be fine i think :)
they do cool things with this song live so i borrowed some stuff from there! hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib4UPVlANY8

There are some timing/rythm problems in the first part but otherwise, it's really clean playing. Not a big fan of the tone though.

imo alot of guitarists who are in bands liek that have crappy tone, but its because usually they buy big amps as cheap and soon as possible so they can perform live....ignoring their tone...