Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

This one sounds really cool! Did I ever ask you about your recording gear? Plz tell me that this is recorded with Podfarm or Revalver and nothing else!

glad you like it :)

the gear isn't anything fancy, good old pod 2.0 and this guitar :lol::lol:

anyone remember these? I gave it to my brother 2 years ago, when he was starting to learn to play guitar.
2qd7gwj.jpg

I was actually surprised how good it sounded with, what 2 year old strings? :D and the passive emg's, HZ something

edit: rip neck

Lol I traded my shitty old JS30RR+60€ to MMV06 something like four years ago and its probably best trade I've ever done. Haven't touched it in few months tho because plugin's broken and I haven't been bothered to repair it. I think I should do something about it next week when my summer vacation begins.

umm I think the amp model is Modern Hi-gain (1), channel volume 10.
Eq: bass around 3-4, middle 9, treble 6-7.
Drive is at 7, a tad overkill but i suck with whammy bar so I had at it that to get the harmonics easier.
Cab select is N/a, i don't touch it at all
And basic delay for effects, reverb is zero.
Hope this helps!

I have that Pod 2 junk too somewhere, haven't even played guitar for 3 years. I wait till the new Bodom album, if it's kickass I might wanna play again, if not then I'll sell it. I forgot how to play the songs...

I bought mine second-hand I think 7 years ago for like 100 euros. Honestly didnt think it would last me tis long

I was bored so i decided to try and record a solo exchange in style of alexi and roope. bt isn't very bodomish, but oh well. Excuse the sloppiness.

Like people have already said, that's not sloppy at all to my ears. Also, it sounds actually pretty good, especially the harmony part. You could even use it as a theme for a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like people have already said, that's not sloppy at all to my ears. Also, it sounds actually pretty good, especially the harmony part. You could even use it as a theme for a song.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. Maybe I'm selling myself a bit short, but the ascending runs do not have enough clarity to them, which in part is due to not being accustomed to playing with really high-gain sounds, and I need to practice this. But then again, having that "grit" kinda fits alexi solos in my opinion so it's a catch-22.

umm I think the amp model is Modern Hi-gain (1), channel volume 10.
Eq: bass around 3-4, middle 9, treble 6-7.
Drive is at 7, a tad overkill but i suck with whammy bar so I had at it that to get the harmonics easier.
Cab select is N/a, i don't touch it at all
And basic delay for effects, reverb is zero.
Hope this helps!

Mmh, ok, I will try it next week when I'm back at home. Thx in aadvance!

No problem, also the preset slot I programmed this sound to is 5b, I dunno if that has any effect on things, but I figured I'd add that here too.

I have that Pod 2 junk too somewhere, haven't even played guitar for 3 years. I wait till the new Bodom album, if it's kickass I might wanna play again, if not then I'll sell it. I forgot how to play the songs...

If you're gonna sell it then holla at me. I might be interested.

I dont think u ever saw a guitar up close lol.

You clearly gave it your own personal touch, sort of rock version, I can see it fits your style. This is very much a feel song, it can be played in a million ways in terms of feel and sound. I like it best when every note has that perilous and mysterious emotion, like minimal 'waste noise' and maximal emotion. If Alexi's searching for a new second guitarist he should just ask anybody interested to record a video playing the lead of this song, to easiest determine what he wants.

Really nice cover, MrMan! Very clean and good style/sound. That harmonized run at the end was icing on the cake :D