Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Good cover of a bad song. I never understood why they still play this song, to me it's got just one good riff and that's it.

Plz stop posting links to your Bodom covers here. I haven't touched my guitar since I saw your SNBN cover because I think my playing sucks now.

verysad.jpg

I like how you make the chorus sound, especially from 2:39 on.

Make a cover of Follow the Reaper, Living Dead Beat, those ones would fit your sound.

And while we're at it, why not Knuckleduster, Red Light In My Eyes pt 1... they still lack a powerful cover, but with those ones as with many other COB tracks it's very important to get the sound right to bring out the right atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plz stop posting links to your Bodom covers here. I haven't touched my guitar since I saw your SNBN cover because I think my playing sucks now.

:D Nothing wrong with your playing Arcane. Last video I saw from you was the LBRH video a few weeks ago and I don't think Alexi's ever played it that clean except perhaps in the studio.

:D Nothing wrong with your playing Arcane.

The thing is he demonstrates he can sound and play just like Alexi, but when I'm looking for covers I look for exotic versions of the song: different sound, different way of playing or having that instrument on top of others - and these things in Arcane's view are all 'mistakes' in covers. It's true most of the time when someone starts improvising or playing Alexi's stuff differently it just gets worse, but sometimes a cover offers something exciting even if just for one listen.

A bit different from what you normally post here, but whatever, it sounds decent most of the time (It's not mine, just happened to find it online):

Last edited by a moderator: