Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Guys im using Win10 now a half year long and never had problems with my PODXt.
Arcane try to increase "Eingangs" Volume.

i2h6tbii.jpg

To be honest... I tried Windows 10 the whole day and I have to say it's the best Windows I've seen yet. It's extremely fast (7 seconds boot time), intuitive, open, stabel, good looking and with a fresh design and everything works perfect - except that stupid line in problem. Maybe I have to do a clean installation of it because I just did that Windows 7 update to Windows 10.

Sany, I don't have problems with my playback volume. It's the incoming signal which I can't get for any reason. I think I'll try to uninstall all audio drivers and re-install them. Maybe it works

@ Arystar: Windows 10 was tested by over 5 million people for a few months. All major problems should be erased. I guess it's a soundcard problem and no Windows problem. Last time I tried to record something through my line in was 2 years ago or sth. During this time I installed like 5 different audio drivers. I think that's the problem

To be honest... I tried Windows 10 the whole day and I have to say it's the best Windows I've seen yet. It's extremely fast (7 seconds boot time), intuitive, open, stabel, good looking and with a fresh design and everything works perfect - except that stupid line in problem. Maybe I have to do a clean installation of it because I just did that Windows 7 update to Windows 10.

Sany, I don't have problems with my playback volume. It's the incoming signal which I can't get for any reason. I think I'll try to uninstall all audio drivers and re-install them. Maybe it works

@ Arystar: Windows 10 was tested by over 5 million people for a few months. All major problems should be erased. I guess it's a soundcard problem and no Windows problem. Last time I tried to record something through my line in was 2 years ago or sth. During this time I installed like 5 different audio drivers. I think that's the problem

I had a somewhat (perhaps) problem a few years ago. I have an MBox 2 Pro, and Cubase 5, but I couldn't get the input into Cubase (IIRC). What I did was...

(I have Windows 7 so some stuff may be different)

In the bottom right corner right click on the sound icon. it should open a list of different things. Then click playback devices. It should open up a new window with a list of all your output things like Realtek Digital Output etc. What I did was change my default output into the Digidesign MBox 2 Pro, and suddenly everything in Cubase began working.

This of course caused that I need to keep my headphones etc. plugged into the MBox and not the computer to hear anything.

There's also options for recording in the same window, so you could try those too. Just remember what the original settings are so you can switch them back if the tweaks don't work.

Today I updated my Win 7 and also got the option to update it to win 10 (win logo in the right bottom corner)

I will try it when I'm back home. I'm off to austria for a few days

I don't know what program you use for recording but at least in Cubase there's a window (Devices > VST Connections) where you determine the inputs and outputs for Cubase (Not the drivers), so you could try searching for something similar in your DAW.

For you guitar geeks out there, watch this video

I almost never watch shit youtube recommends and seldom watch random guitar FAQers, but this one is worth its weight in gold. On a side note: that's a damn high quality production for a guitar related youtuber. It even has Red Light in My Eyes pt.1 cover by Johann Sebastian Bach!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this guys videos before and I never have the attention span to watch them all the way through.. I just do whatever comes natural when it comes to picking or anything on the guitar.

really in-depth videos, the production quality is really high. However, some of them are just way over thought, like the alternate picked sweeps. That's a natural thing to do on very rare occasions, sweep/economy is more efficient. as MattK said, just play how it comes most naturally, a waste of time to calculate pick slants lol

The string jumping is the single most annoying thing in playing guitar though :lol: The dude is right btw, many guitarists use pick slanting unintentionally, there are even different techniques to do it. Eric Peterson from Testament for example - he's a rhythm dude, but shreds occasionally and I never saw another guitarist do it quite like him. I think he picks 32ths on 220 ezpz with his fucking thumb of all things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ptTFPYmaco

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of AP arpeggios but it's a nice thing to be able to do, comes in handy sometimes.

The string jumping is the single most annoying thing in playing guitar though :lol: The dude is right btw, many guitarists use pick slanting unintentionally, there are even different techniques to do it. Eric Peterson from Testament for example - he's a rhythm dude, but shreds occasionally and I never saw another guitarist do it quite like him. I think he picks 32ths on 220 ezpz with his fucking thumb of all things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ptTFPYmaco

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of AP arpeggios but it's a nice thing to be able to do, comes in handy sometimes.

Eric Peterson is one of my favorite rhythm players, his right hand is great.

you should check his side-project, Dragonlord
its a Black Metal band with him as front, seriously one of the best things i ever heard!

idk if right place to put it but...
this guy is insane, imo he beats alexi in playing by 100x :O

at first i thought it was sped up video but it isnt since his knee keeps moving to th beat....
wish there was a tab.

wait till u see that insane sweeping part at 2:11

I wish i could play this so hard lol

idk if right place to put it but...
this guy is insane, imo he beats alexi in playing by 100x :O

at first i thought it was sped up video but it isnt since his knee keeps moving to th beat....
wish there was a tab.

wait till u see that insane sweeping part at 2:11

I wish i could play this so hard lol

youtube

He's not bad. ;)

To be honest, it's not that hard to find guitarists online who are better than Alexi. Eric Calderone (Erock311) comes to mind as a "Youtube Musician" who plays better than Alexi.

First solo at 2:16 and a second at 3:05

I fucking hate that guy. His arrangements are bland and most generic metal ever written. He is a good guitarist but his videos are most tryhard thing I've ever seen.

^alexi beats these nobs at composing by a mile.

that pegasus guy, while some things sounded good, the fast parts and especially fast sweeps sounded like dogshit. You can be too fast. And too repetitive.

If I were to learn guitar wankery outside of sinergy and cob, this would be it:
Becker