Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Brilliant tone. How did you get it? IIRC you used a POD right? Which one?

POD

It's the 2.0 Pod. Settings are modern high-gain channel, gain 6-7, enough to play harmonics. The other settings just adjust them to make your guitar sound like that. For my guitar: lots of mids, some bass, and treble at noon. Depends mostly on pickups and how you pick. I've a semyour duncan JB in the bridge

POD

It's the 2.0 Pod. Settings are modern high-gain channel, gain 6-7, enough to play harmonics. The other settings just adjust them to make your guitar sound like that. For my guitar: lots of mids, some bass, and treble at noon. Depends mostly on pickups and how you pick. I've a semyour duncan JB in the bridge

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting one for years but never gotten around to really doing it. Your tones work as good advertisements. :D

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting one for years but never gotten around to really doing it. Your tones work as good advertisements. :D

No problem :D , you can probably get one for like 50€ used lol. I googled and saw some Finnish retailer selling it for 159€, must be smoking crack, this thing is ancient.
I think you can get the same tones with newer stuff by line6, pod farm 2.0 or whatever Arcane uses, it's the same emulation, only better (supposedly). I wonder if the HD series is any good, I'd like to try one out in a shop.
e: line6's website sucks ass, I want to know more about HD desktop pod, and it redirects me to HD500 floor thingy. Also, I'd prefer not to watch a video, but read about the product. Now I'm pissed.

Is there any difference between the EVH 5150 and the Peavey 5150?

Yeah well first of all they're made by different companies; peavey and fender. The EVH you can actually good good cleans out of, don't need to crank it to get a good sound, and don't need any overdrive pedals.

POD

A JB pickup is a high Gain pickup with sharp harmonics :) I also have one. means other people are gonna ahve to put their gain 2 steps higher.

I LOVE your effect/delay, it makes the entire sound imo :O

So I wanted to get close to tokyo warhearts lead sound and did a single take. Here's the result:

That sound is great. I've a Pod 2, I might just pick it up with the guitar and try playing since a very long time... I remember now why I didn't use it: I couldn't connect it together with the amp, guitar and computer, cos I wanted to play over some Bodom, some cord / plugging issues.

I might actually be selling my RR24, an Ibanez, a Juno-D keyboard, Pod 2, an amp... I now want a different guitar and I need an amp that allows to play with lower volume and has some bass...

I want a metal guitar that sounds atmospheric, dark and heavy... suggestions?

But I probably won't sell the Pod 2 if it can give me sounds like this. Sounds fucking amazing. Is there any music like this, apart from some black metal and doom metal sections...?

The guitar should have a switch that goes from gainy metal sound to this kind of echoing acoustic sound...

Last edited by a moderator:
Which RR24 do you have?

Really? A video about how to write haunting music etc?:err:

Btw, Joonas as I see you really don't know too much about sound settings, do you, me neither a professional, but I could make as "dark" sounding with my cheap Stagg and my MG30FX that you shit yourself.
So it's not really the matter of the gear, just pick up your RR or your Ibanez and start to jam, you will find your style :)

Btw, the RR has a full sounding as far as I know, but yet I didn't use it much, especially with the clean channel, because I don't have time, and the

I recommend you listen the shit out of this record, Joonas, you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Fucking whalecore :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which RR24 do you have?

Really? A video about how to write haunting music etc?:err:

Btw, Joonas as I see you really don't know too much about sound settings, do you, me neither a professional, but I could make as "dark" sounding with my cheap Stagg and my MG30FX that you shit yourself.
So it's not really the matter of the gear, just pick up your RR or your Ibanez and start to jam, you will find your style :)

Btw, the RR has a full sounding as far as I know, but yet I didn't use it much, especially with the clean channel, because I don't have time, and the

I think his sound makes i and not the notes..

although i think its mesmerizingly beautiful for its simplicity :O

has anyone here ever attempted or seen a good cover of the aces high solo? i was just listening to that again, and its a badass solo

A JB pickup is a high Gain pickup with sharp harmonics :) I also have one. means other people are gonna ahve to put their gain 2 steps higher.

I LOVE your effect/delay, it makes the entire sound imo :O

With two EMG 81's I don't think anyone gets more gain out of their pickups than me :lol:

I now want a different guitar and I need an amp that allows to play with lower volume and has some bass...

Just make sure you don't get a tube amplifier, they need cranking to sound good. What you want is a transistor amp. They are made to be played at room level, and to sound good while at it. And test the thing in a shop before buying it.

I want a metal guitar that sounds atmospheric, dark and heavy... suggestions?

:lol:

Like NewHewakas said, a big part of the atmosphere comes from the notes used. Lots of reverb may make a melody sound a bit more haughty than without though.

Anyway, Google the 4th and 5th modes of the Harmonic Minor. Very easy to do spooky stuff with them. Perhaps an even better one is a Harmonic Minor with a b2 (Lower the second note in the scale by one semitone). Or the diminished scales. You seriously can't make anything happy with them. Sounds evil no matter what.

Google them all if you don't know what they are.

The guitar should have a switch that goes from gainy metal sound to this kind of echoing acoustic sound...

Foot switches are made to do this.

I just tried to plug my POD 2.0 into my Notebook but I get no singal. What am I doing wrong? Cable goes from Left output (POD) into my line in port of my notebook.

maybe your recording software input is in mono right or something, but that's weird. it should work. you could use the headphones output too, see if that works.

Nope. It won't work. I tried to use my onboard soundcard driver, that stereo mix driver, realtek digital output driver and ASIO, but there's still no signal. Maybe it has something to do with Windows 10 which I installed today...