Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Wait, why are we comparing Alexi to youtube nobodies? There are countless of people who can practice an intricate song to perfection in their bedrooms. Put them in Alexi's place and lets see how they perform in front of large crowds with a V guitar while singing death vocals at the same time while drunk/hungover. COB would be finished with any of these guys. At least bring up someone like Michael Angelo Batio who would smoke all of these kids combined.

Wait, why are we comparing Alexi to youtube nobodies? There are countless of people who can practice an intricate song to perfection in their bedrooms. Put them in Alexi's place and lets see how they perform in front of large crowds with a V guitar while singing death vocals at the same time while drunk/hungover. COB would be finished with any of these guys. At least bring up someone like Michael Angelo Batio who would smoke all of these kids combined.

Idea was to find a nobody guitarist who is technically better than Alexi. At least that's was what I went after. I don't think that Eric's a better composer than Alexi.

Thing is: if you've got 5000+ hours to invest into something like playing guitar you'll be good technically no matter what. But when it comes to writing actual good music - I personally believe you gotta have the talent. Perhaps if you study classical pieces and music theory hardcore for another half decade you can put something decent together but I'm not sure. Alexi is in the league of the best if you combine the two qualities.

Also everyone's better than Hendrix if technique is the criterion. You know what that means.

16 bits is enough to see who's got ability to make good songs. One can be a guitar hero and shred his socks off but never be able to write a catchy song.

Also everyone's better than Hendrix if technique is the criterion. You know what that means.

To be honest, I don't like his music either. :D Quite boring IMO, the few songs I've heard from him. Of course it's good that he did what he did, as he probably played a part in making guitar music what it is now.

To be honest, I don't like his music either. :D Quite boring IMO, the few songs I've heard from him. Of course it's good that he did what he did, as he probably played a part in making guitar music what it is now.

Oh no you didn't... That's like saying Clapton sucks. Sacrilege!

/s
edit:eric is a weak gitarist and should shove that pentatonic box up his badonkadonk.

Shame on all of you.

Hendrix and Clapton were 2 of the greats that made guitar what it is today. They may not have been the best players but they wrote great songs. Songs that will live on in history forever.

Maybe I'm just getting old??

Right on man, that was great. Nice Jackson, btw. What string gauge are using for this tuning? This song starts with such a bang but the second segment is so dull, not unlike I Hurt.

Right on man, that was great. Nice Jackson, btw. What string gauge are using for this tuning? This song starts with such a bang but the second segment is so dull, not unlike I Hurt.

yep nice cover indeed, but that ain't a jackson, that's a ltd 600

It's a LTD 600, yes and I think it went out ok. Don't know the string gauge.. Should be 0.11 - 0.52 or sth. Cover could be better but I haven't touched my guitar for 2 months or longer, the strings are rusty, it seems that my neck is a bit warped because my strings touch the fretboard 1 fret above where I actually press it (you can hear it in the lead parts) and my battery of my JE is almost empty.

Btw. it was the easiest Bodom song I've ever played. Learned it in under 30 minutes