Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

@Crzyaus: Sorry but Sendspace isn't working for me atm. I'll comment on later.

man all this recording takes time (especially if your computer fucks up when you plug in an external sound device and open up a recording program). I don't know how you guys keep up with every ROTW. But cheers to those of you who do :kickass:

And I can finally contribute something as well :) Just did do two Downfall Intro recordings, and I can't decide which one to submit....the first one I think is slightly better playing, but the 2nd one I think has slightly better tone...help me decide, yes?

first one,
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5qxe7z

second one,
http://www.sendspace.com/file/suo6wl

Already said, but... FIRST ONE! Really nice one, well done! And about keeping on with the thread, I don't think it's that hard. On average it takes me two hours to get the riff learnt and recorded.

@children of COB:Good job!
@Mystique1721:Both are good but I prefer the first...and nice playing:)

Thanks man, but be honest please, :lol: Especially the FTR one sucks IMO. But I couldn't get it better that day and I didn't want to throw everything to the bin, so I uploaded it. And the Needled 24/7 I can't do it better, but other people can *cough*Mitch*cough* :lol:

Sorry for double posting but in the quite full post I made before this would have went unnoticed and it's the recording I'm most proud of, so single post for it:

ROTW - Banned From Heaven

I went a bit longer and made from bar 1 to bar 19 instead of 24-39, I hope you like it. I think it's my best contribution to the thread, but let me know what you think people.

I don't understand why you've recorded your leads so loud and the rythm parts so quiet but it still sounds good. Well, it's by far the easiest ROTW to play so I think that all contributions will sound good.

They're not that loud. The thing is that the middle section (with no leads) got fucked up because I was using a trial version of CEP and I had to re record them, and the re recordings sounded way too loud if I made 4 tracks like with the rythms under the leads, so the contrast is quite heavy. I know it, and it bothers me quite a bit because before trial CEP fucked it up it sounded awesome, but if I put 4 rythms or put those rythms louder then the contrast between all the rythms is too hard. Belive me, I've spent some good 3 hours recording and arranging it, there's nothing to do (except record everything again, but I'm not doing that because I used 12 tracks for it and I don't have time today). I'm still proud of it.

And the Needled 24/7 I can't do it better, but other people can *cough*Mitch*cough* :lol:
Yes you can! You just have to have more patience by practicing it a bit more and start out practicing it slower. It'll pay off in the end! What do you think Mitch had to do to get to his current level?

Sorry for double posting but in the quite full post I made before this would have went unnoticed and it's the recording I'm most proud of, so single post for it:

I went a bit longer and made from bar 1 to bar 19 instead of 24-39, I hope you like it. I think it's my best contribution to the thread, but let me know what you think people.
damn, I really wanna hear it. But sendspace isn't working for me either.

^Lawl thanks, I know that with practice I'll get it better, I just meant that atm I can't do it better. In a couple of months yes, but atm no. If Sendspace is not working tomorrow tell me and I'll try another way ok?

What do you guys use to record these tracks with?
I'm looking for something to connect my guitar to my pc with but I'm not sure what to buy.

And, following up with my goal to get all done, there we go with two more:

ROTW - Needled 24/7 intro (lead is quite :erk:, but I don't think I'll get it better with my actual skills)
ROTW - Every Time I Die solo(the lead is recorded twice and panned, and even though sometimes is not exactly the same, I think it went pretty good)

Nice one! I'll add these to the soundclick.

thanks for giving you opinion I think my mind is set on the first one too. I'll just upload it again when Tim gets back on here. And Mitch, if ya want you can upload it to the soundlick page too (thank you in advance).

I also liked the first one the most. I thought the playing and the tone were both a bit better. I'll add them soon!

Hey guyz, I wanna hear your opinion. Here's my cover of Blooddrunk keyb and guitar solo. Let me know what you think before I waste my time recording the vid for teh contest =)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oibcwz

I agree with Corny, the slower parts sounded great but the fast parts definitely need work. I don't know how hard it is for a violinist to play at this speed but neither solos are easy.

Also another great one!

I know what Arcane means now, I didn't even realize you were playing during the verse 'cause the volume was so low! All sounded good though...where's the solo...:p

What do you guys use to record these tracks with?
I'm looking for something to connect my guitar to my pc with but I'm not sure what to buy.

I plug my guitar into a Korg PX4 multi effects processor, which then goes into the back of my computer using a normal guitar cable with an adaptor on the end. Any effects thing will do, or you can plug a mic into your computer and stick it infront of your amp.

COVER THREAD SOUNDCLICK

I plug my guitar into a Korg PX4 multi effects processor, which then goes into the back of my computer using a normal guitar cable with an adaptor on the end. Any effects thing will do, or you can plug a mic into your computer and stick it infront of your amp.
Thanks for the info, I've been reading about the Korg PX4 a bit on the internet and that might really be what I'm looking for. May I ask what kind of cable that is that you use and what kind of recording software you use on your pc? I am really new to this. Thanks.

It's a normal guitar cable, everyone has one of those...

And I'm using Cool Edit Pro, although others use Cubase, Reaper or Audacity. They're all essentially the same thing, just different layouts.

Oh yea, got a bit confused by the adapter thing you said. Maybe I should ask then what kind of adapter that is :rofl:
Thanks.

Also another great one!

I know what Arcane means now, I didn't even realize you were playing during the verse 'cause the volume was so low! All sounded good though...where's the solo...:p

:lol: Ok, I'm going to try and retrieve all the files and get those rythm guitars a bit louder if I can, but I don't know if I have them saved still.

And about the solo... I'll leave that to you or if I have time this evening I'll give it a go, but I don't think I'll be able to get it clean and decent enough to post it, :lol:

Ah c'mon, just give it a go, it's nice to play!

And I've just finished the REBEL YELL backing track, for week 13. It's the intro for the "main" part and the solo for the "advanced" players.

I've uploaded it here, just incase anyone else wants to take a shot without making one themselves:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9g7ior

Sounds good Reaperscythe. I still don't understand though how you connect that PX4D to the computer. And you are using the soundcard in your pc then right?
I was also thinking about the Line 6 Toneport UX1 or UX2.

Nice one dude!

And I finished my recording for week 13.

Rebel Yell - Intro & Solo:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/axzjyq

• I've never played this solo before so it's not great but it'll do for this occasion.
• Play loud to hear the awesome rhythm tone. :D

Kissing The Shadows to come soon too.

Really nice solo man, clean playing and good sound. Once again, I'm going to have to work hard to get something that sounds cool now that you posted that :lol:

Ah c'mon, just give it a go, it's nice to play!

And I've just finished the REBEL YELL backing track, for week 13. It's the intro for the "main" part and the solo for the "advanced" players.

I've uploaded it here, just incase anyone else wants to take a shot without making one themselves:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9g7ior

Sure I'll give it a go, don't worry, but I promise nothing :lol:

Thanks a lot for the Rebel Yell BT, sounds cool and will save me a lot of time (FL works so damn slow for me :erk:).

First record with my px4d:
Towards dead end(intro):
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6795478

Nice one!